Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 05:45 PM

93 posts, read 184,854 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I will be moving to the area this fall from San Diego. Long story short I left the N. Va. area in 2009 and moved all the way across the country to Ca. to be closer to my daughter's family, but sadly I just do not fit into the land of nuts and fruit. I will miss her but as I told her that is why they have frequent flyer miles. So I am moving to where I wanted to be all along. I spent many summers fishing the Chesapeake Bay and have spent quite a lot of vacation time fishing in Fl. I am lucky that I found this forum. I am looking online for houses on a canal in the area, and as soon as my home sells here I will be on my way. I can't wait to be home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 05:52 PM

3,179 posts, read 5,980,807 times
We are seeing more & more SoCal folks looking at SW FL for their next move. Housing is a bargain compared to your area. People, for the most part, are friendly. Good luck finding your slice of paradise :-)

Old 07-17-2013, 06:34 PM

142 posts, read 203,737 times
Welcome to Florida! I just got here in June and loving every day. I sent you a private message. My Mom has her house up for sale on Punta Gorda Isles (on a beautiful canal, right next to the harbor), Just thought I'd share this info.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:14 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,776,185 times
I was born in socal I havnt seen it sence I was a kid and moved to NE

Old 07-17-2013, 09:40 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,955,619 times
I moved here from SoCal by way of Germany. There are a few things I really miss (good sushi, Phó Bô, cabeza tacos), but it feels good to be out of the rat race. Welcome, and I'm sure you'll love it here.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:41 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,521,052 times
Welcome to the Forum. There are plenty of canal homes in Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda with varying price ranges, styles and ages of home. Homeowner insurance and flood insurance are quite high though. If you run searches on this forum you can get information on just about anything dealing with the climate, lifestyle, things to do, homes, etc.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:08 AM

5,143 posts, read 4,909,545 times
Welcome to the board and good luck in your house hunting. You're welcome to bring any beans and franks and melons too, but please leave the fruits and nuts at the Calf. border.
BTW, you'll find that there are quite a few former Chesapeake boaters here. Myself, ArmyChief, and BigHouse to name a few off the top of my head. You'll be in good company.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:47 PM

93 posts, read 184,854 times
Thanks for the warm welcome. Harbor Hopper PLEASE don't refer to me as a Socal guy, was only there a short while, I mostly grew up and lived in the Alex. Va. area. Sea.lass I tried to PM you back this morning but I guess I am limited to 1 a day. Your Mom's house looks great but by the time I am ready to buy it will be gone. MikeM8560, thanks for the link, I have been using Zillow and Trulia looking around to see what the prices are and what the different areas offer. wpc691 you are not missing anything except a Democratic Majority in the state's gov't., and they Mayor of San Diego dodging charges of sexual harassment towards women that work in his office and women that deal with the city for their companies. This guy is a career politician (30+ years) and he was arrested and charged with assault on a TSA agent in the DC area in 2007. TamRE you are right about this site. Since I found it I have found quite a lot of info about insurance and other costs that I had no idea about. MikMal, I promise I will not bring any nuts and fruits with me. For a lot of summers I used to stay at a campground in Md. called Breazy Point. The campground was on the beach and the marina was just behind it. Thanks again for the warm welcome and I am looking forward to meeting you all. Clint

Old 07-18-2013, 07:55 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,480,554 times
Lived in NOVA for 6 years and thank God I finally made it out. It is paradise and the exact opposite of NOVA - nice and laid back but not as crazy as Cali. I hope you love it here - I do!

Old 07-19-2013, 04:56 AM

5,143 posts, read 4,909,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Lived in NOVA for 6 years and thank God I finally made it out. It is paradise and the exact opposite of NOVA - nice and laid back but not as crazy as Cali. I hope you love it here - I do!
I'm sorry, Fairfax Mom, I forgot to include you in my post above about other from the Balto/DC metro areas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte