Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 09:19 PM

142 posts, read 204,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
I echo Harbor rats sentiments, I'm not religious but I hope things go well for you, HOWEVER we are both registered as donors and I also wish more people would automatically offer themselves up. cant help on blood type as i can never remember mine - i think its Merlot + (and Big House is yeungling ++)

best wishes to you and your family

Quote:
cant help on blood type as i can never remember mine - i think its Merlot + (and Big House is yeungling ++)
You are too funny, thanks for the laugh, I needed it right now. Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
sea.lass, You got my prayers!
I had hepatisis when I was a kid so I can't donate blood or organs or I would offer.
Both my girls are adopted, but as far as the sense of love, family, belonging nothing could be more intense than the feelings I have for them!

On another side note. I friend of mine had kidney and pancreas failure because of early on-set diabetes. He had to get dialysis for a couple years. I paid for him to come here for a fishing trip when I felt he was not going to make it any longer. I shuffled him back and forth to dialysis a few times. He LOVED his trip here. When I put him on the plane for his return trip I thought that would be the last time I'd see him. That was years ago. Upon landing in Baltimore (within one day) he was called in for his replacements, new kidney, new pancreas, and now he is no longer even diabetic. He can do all the things he ever wanted, and can eat things he always had to avoid. He has great kids, and he's a great friend!! Never give up - keep your spirits high, and hers as well. At his worst, he always had a cheery outlook, and loved chatting with all the doctors and nurses - they came to appreciate him as much as I have, and I think that as a result - his positive outlook helped them want to save him!

Give her a hug from Big House!
Quote:
Both my girls are adopted, but as far as the sense of love, family, belonging nothing could be more intense than the feelings I have for them!
I know what you mean, I have 3 adopted kids (Katie, a son and another daughter). All 3 were adopted at birth; my biological daughter was 15 when Katie arrived. Thank you for your post, today has been a "downer" for me.

I have been down this "same road" before....my adopted son was 11 months old when he became a patient of St. Jude Children's Hospital. He was given a 20% chance of survival (he has a rare blood disease, there is not a cure). For 10 years, every Friday, he had Chemo treatments. He had 4 relapses during those 10 years. Today he is 6'3 and is going to be a Senior in college this Fall. I do believe in miracles...I just need to take a deep breath, pull my shoulders back and get ready to take this next "road trip." Thank you again for your kind words.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtobewarm View Post
I am so sorry. You will be in my prayers.
Thank you so much...I believe in prayer.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:21 PM

90 posts, read 130,488 times
Sea.Lass,
So sorry to hear about your daughter, although I'm not very church going, I pray very night, and I'll keep her, and your whole family in my prayers.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:25 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
You love her. That is 90% of the battle. Help is on the way - have faith and never show fear. I love both of you.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
You love her. That is 90% of the battle. Help is on the way - have faith and never show fear. I love both of you.
Thank you for your kindness.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:57 AM

90 posts, read 130,488 times
Hi Sea.Lass,
How's your daughter doing?
Good news I hope.
Been keeping her in my prayers..............

Old 08-20-2013, 10:42 PM

25 posts, read 38,046 times
I will keep your daughter as well as you and the rest of your family in my prayers. May God bless her with health, and may God bless both of you with strength and courage for the likely battle you will endure ahead.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:55 AM

UPDATE on my daughter, Katie. This is a note from the young woman who wants to try and give Katie one of her kidneys. She is truly one of God's angels here on Earth. Thank you all for all of your prayers, please continue to keep Katie in your prayers. Prayer is powerful.

From Wendy: Just a quick update - UNC called and it turns out they are just now entering the information from my pa...cket into their computer system. She said the next step is just waiting for her to send the request for the blood draw so it can be sent up there for the cross match of our blood compatibility.
Once they have my blood and run the test they will have results in just a few days so I will let you know as soon as I hear anything. If our blood is compatible they move to the next step of thorough evaluation of my kidney function and surgical planning.
Getting closer every day Hang in there!!,

Old 08-23-2013, 11:24 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,509 times
Wow, she is an angel!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte