Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 12:03 AM

229 posts, read 346,660 times

Advertisements

After dinner I enjoy sitting on the lanai and have a drink. Beer, bourbon on ice, tequila (not rot gut, but the sipping kind) among others. A friend told me about the true margarita, tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice so I made one and liked it. I am not one for the sweetened version. I use Don Julio tequila which is very tasty. The other day on a whim I tried a shot of Makers Mark 41 instead of tequila...dang it was good.

I am no chef or whatever the fancy word for a drinkmix master is. Looking to broaden my horizon, I was wondering what others on this list like to sit back and relax with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 06:47 AM

5,166 posts, read 4,938,673 times
Dreamsicle. Two parts milk, two parts orange juice, one part Licor 43, served over ice. Dangerously good. Taste like the ole creamsicle ice cream . Would like to know how to make a sex-on-the-beach that Bennigan's used to serve. They were the only bar that made it good; it was dark in color whereas it seems everyone else makes it with cranberry juice and it's reddish .
But mostly I'm just a good, dark stout beer drinker; Guinness , Yuengling Black & Tan (What was that noise? Oh, never mind. That was just BigHouse's ears perking up.), or my favorite, Southern Tier's 2X Double Milk Stout . Unfortunately, I can't find the Southern Tier 2X Stout here and have to bring some back from my trips up north.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:34 AM

397 posts, read 813,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by born01930 View Post
after dinner i enjoy sitting on the lanai and have a drink. Beer, bourbon on ice, tequila (not rot gut, but the sipping kind) among others. A friend told me about the true margarita, tequila, cointreau, and lime juice so i made one and liked it. I am not one for the sweetened version. I use don julio tequila which is very tasty. The other day on a whim i tried a shot of makers mark 41 instead of tequila...dang it was good.

I am no chef or whatever the fancy word for a drinkmix master is. Looking to broaden my horizon, i was wondering what others on this list like to sit back and relax with.
mixologist

Old 08-10-2013, 08:25 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,081,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Dreamsicle. Two parts milk, two parts orange juice, one part Licor 43, served over ice. Dangerously good. Taste like the ole creamsicle ice cream . Would like to know how to make a sex-on-the-beach that Bennigan's used to serve. They were the only bar that made it good; it was dark in color whereas it seems everyone else makes it with cranberry juice and it's reddish .
But mostly I'm just a good, dark stout beer drinker; Guinness , Yuengling Black & Tan (What was that noise? Oh, never mind. That was just BigHouse's ears perking up.), or my favorite, Southern Tier's 2X Double Milk Stout . Unfortunately, I can't find the Southern Tier 2X Stout here and have to bring some back from my trips up north.
Hello!!
Someone who speakith my burrrrrrrrruuuup language. Love all the dark ales and beers. I'm not a hopppy paie ale drinker though. Tooo bitter for me. I like 'em smooooooth and delicious, good on the eyes, happy, not hoppy, good fragrance is intoxicating (dats right pun intended - along with a dash of confusion), when my mouth gently caresses the rim, I begin to breath heavily with the impending passionate moment only a young person has....... errr uh, be back later.......

OK stop!!!!!

I gotta be careful, the girls here may be looking for me at the bar!!!!

Old 08-12-2013, 11:02 AM

14,927 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Just a question about the dreamsicle.... wouldn't the mixture of OJ and milk curdle the milk? I'm sure it would still taste ok but those little curds would ruin it for me.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:48 PM

5,166 posts, read 4,938,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Just a question about the dreamsicle.... wouldn't the mixture of OJ and milk curdle the milk? I'm sure it would still taste ok but those little curds would ruin it for me.
Never noticed that so I guess it doesn't.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:00 PM

70 posts, read 120,317 times
I'm a beer drinker too. Love a good pint of Guinness or sometimes a dark ale.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:13 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,629,330 times
My new favorite is the Cucumber Cocktail (think Mojito)

Put some lemon slices and mint leaves in a tall glass and crush
Add a splash of simples syrup
Equal parts Cucumber Vodka and Club Soda

Shake and serve

Very refreshing

Old 08-13-2013, 06:11 PM

130 posts, read 277,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by born01930 View Post
After dinner I enjoy sitting on the lanai and have a drink. Beer, bourbon on ice, tequila (not rot gut, but the sipping kind) among others. A friend told me about the true margarita, tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice so I made one and liked it. I am not one for the sweetened version. I use Don Julio tequila which is very tasty. The other day on a whim I tried a shot of Makers Mark 41 instead of tequila...dang it was good.
Now that does sound good - the margarita. I have been turned off on them because it seems whenever I order them out they are so syrupy sweet. I forgot the old fashioned way. I bet the Makers Mark would be good - but somehow diluting MM just sounds sacrilegious.
I like Red Stag on ice for a hot weather sipping drink. Or no ice in the winter. Leinie's Summer Shandy is my favorite summer beer. A lemon drop martini with citrus vodka, lemonade, and a sugar rim hits the spot. Oh my.....time to grab a drink on the deck and read the evening paper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte