Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 07:58 AM

67 posts, read 114,627 times

Advertisements

OMG what a terrible company.......I have no TV for "5" Days!!! they don't have any DVR boxes!!!!! can you imagine....a COMGLOMERATE Company and no DVR boxes???? WTF !!!!! Unbelievable......How do they get away with this?????? I am ready to throw their rotten DVR box right out the window.........OK Now I have vented...I urge any new homeowners herein the Port Charlotte area to NOT USE COMCAST!!!! they are the worst in customer service!!!!! Go with any other company but COMCAST..you will get quicker service with anyone BUT COMCAST.........ok calming down now....blood pressure is now through the roof.......Ok said my piece...now I will suffer for the next week with no TV.......going trhough withdrawals already..hahahahha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 08:26 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,694,732 times
You might want to take a closer look at DirecTV. Especially since you would be a new subscriber and would get a pretty good deal for that first year. About the worst thing I can say about that type of system is the normally short outages you occasionally get from those heavy afternoon rains we get this time of year. I say normally short because it is rarely more than 10 minutes. But I have to admit last Sunday right at the start of my NASCAR race it went on the fritz for almost an hour.

After Hurricane Charley I got TV service back almost a month earlier than the local cable because all they had to do was put up a replacement dish.

I keep one small TV hooked up with rabbit ears and because we are close enough to the major networks we get a signal from CBS, NBC and ABC plus a couple local FL stations too.

DirecTV would have shipped you a new DVR receiver overnight AIR.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:37 AM

191 posts, read 299,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL2HI View Post
OMG what a terrible company.......I have no TV for "5" Days!!! they don't have any DVR boxes!!!!! can you imagine....a COMGLOMERATE Company and no DVR boxes???? WTF !!!!! Unbelievable......How do they get away with this?????? I am ready to throw their rotten DVR box right out the window.........OK Now I have vented...I urge any new homeowners herein the Port Charlotte area to NOT USE COMCAST!!!! they are the worst in customer service!!!!! Go with any other company but COMCAST..you will get quicker service with anyone BUT COMCAST.........ok calming down now....blood pressure is now through the roof.......Ok said my piece...now I will suffer for the next week with no TV.......going trhough withdrawals already..hahahahha

So you had existing Comcast service that was OK but recently went on the fritz because of the box ? And when you called in for repair service they verified it was the box and then informed you they couldn't supply a new one for a week ? Wow, if that's the case that really does suck ......

Old 08-31-2013, 10:45 AM

535 posts, read 1,031,486 times
For 2 dollars extra per month I recently got Xfinity X1 from comcast It is newly available in Port Charlotte For me it's well worth it to get rid of the old clunker DVR with the new system you can record 4 shows at the same time. You will have to ask as they are not promoting it now

Last edited by rock creek; 08-31-2013 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: Fat fingers

Old 08-31-2013, 11:03 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,025,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock creek View Post
For 2 dollars extra per month I recently got Xfinity X1 from comcast It is newly available in Port Charlotte For me it's well worth it to get rid of the old clunker DVR with the new system you can record 4 shows at the same time. You will have to ask as they are not promoting it now

Good to hear they are in our area now, I want one.

Everyone complains about Comcast, but after they switch and have to deal with dish troubles everytime the wind blows and just as high (or higher) prices after the honeymoon period ends most people switch back to Comcast. I could never go with dish because I need the cable internet, DSL blows.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:07 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,441,091 times
We moved here 2 years ago and started with COMCAST, we didn't know better. Comcast has the WORST customer service and took too long for repairs for service outages. So dropped them went with DIRECTV. Biggest problem is if you are a full time resident, rainy season. When it rains no service. Finally switched to Century Link. Century link has been great! Much better price than DIRECTV, saved almost $50 a month on tv/internet.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:14 AM

229 posts, read 346,806 times
I have Centurylink. This past April a lightning strike next to the house blew out my modem and DVR. They came out the next day and replaced them both. We have great internet although I have heard others due to their distance to the fiber suffer. It was weird because the landline still worked, only the twisted pair feeding the modem took the jolt.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:59 AM

67 posts, read 114,627 times
I am coming to the conclusion that all big companies for TV service are not so good here...I had Brighthouse on the east coast of Florida and they were great...no problems....unfortunately you don't have them here on the west coast......Not sure what to do...don't want to start changing around companies cause they get you in the initial start up costs...I have had Direct TV before...they wanted to charge me $200+ to transfer it here to Port Charlotte..so they lost me as a customer.....and thought I would try Comcast...well that certainly was the wrong move.......anyway gonna have to bite the bullet for now...but I DO NOT recommend them to anyone!!!! Terrible customer service .....cant go without tv though...I'm Hooked!!

Old 08-31-2013, 12:11 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL2HI View Post
I am coming to the conclusion that all big companies for TV service are not so good here...I had Brighthouse on the east coast of Florida and they were great...no problems....unfortunately you don't have them here on the west coast......Not sure what to do...don't want to start changing around companies cause they get you in the initial start up costs...I have had Direct TV before...they wanted to charge me $200+ to transfer it here to Port Charlotte..so they lost me as a customer.....and thought I would try Comcast...well that certainly was the wrong move.......anyway gonna have to bite the bullet for now...but I DO NOT recommend them to anyone!!!! Terrible customer service .....cant go without tv though...I'm Hooked!!
Not that it helps you in this neck of the woods, but actually Brighthouse does service around the Tampa area- not sure how far south of that area they go.

We had Comcast until about April of this year when we switched to Century Link when it became available in our area ( Peace River Shores). My impression is the cost of our services ( internet, land-line phone and TV) is comparable between the two, the service and customer service seems better than Comcast. The internet would drop out frequently with Comcast, we haven't had that problem with Century Link.

We're still waiting, despite numerous phone calls, for a refund of $93.00 from Comcast for unused services. We switched service in April, have numerous promises and even ads from Comcast in the mail, but so far no refund check.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:17 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,137 times
We had Comcast up North and as soon as Verizon came through with FIOS we were the first to sign up. Never a problem with verizon. We were thrilled to get FIOS here. We have been here a little over 2 years and have not had to call customer service once. My money is on Verizon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte