Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 06:24 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
You guys are funny - but that brings me to another question - Why are the fire hydrants here in NP painted lavender?
Some jurisdictions color code their hydrants to signify water flow or some other significance. Lavendar (actually "Violet") means that the water comes from a non-potable water source like a pond, canal, etc. whereas most hydrants are connected to the municipal water supply.
Other jurisdictions don't bother with color coding. When I working in Wash. D.C., the hydrants were mostly painted green. The city's reason was that they thought they blended in with the "natural environment" better. Strange, but in all my years, I have yet to see a shrub look like a fire hydrant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 02:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,710 times
Default Please post various prices... please

I will tell u NEVER go to Banfield! They caused my dog to go deaf... A FACT even they pretty much admitted to. Over a 6 month they prescribed chlorhexadine for an ear infection... he'd had em before & they always went away. I went in one day & saw the 'new Chief of staff' for ear infection & asked for that same medicine... To which she replied "no way you got that from here cuz it causes deafness". After looking thru the dogs chart & seeing that he'd been given that med often over 6 months she just quietly disappeared & tech finished the appt.
He's COMPLETELY deaf now. And I mean you can SCREAM your head off next to him & he doesn't flinch.
They are EXPENSIVE... you literally can't walk in there without dropping $120 MINIMUM.... Plus if they don't take care of the problem & you need to go back even 5 days later... It doesn't matter... You WILL PAY FULL COST & again... it'll run ya a minimum of $120.

If any of you could post exact fees for service bill I'd be forever grateful! I've gotta find another vet that won't charge me to cause my other 4 dogs to go deaf

Old 09-21-2013, 06:11 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times
porksymom - so sorry for what happened - they should have been sued. I never liked Banfield - the chain is all over the country and I have always heard bad things bout them.

I have since found out that office visit prices vary GREATLY from vet to vet in this area. So I say call up and shop around - compare your prices to what other vets charge.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:36 AM

171 posts, read 622,099 times
Default No such thing..

As a "cheap" vet!,,,,

Old 10-04-2013, 07:10 PM

What do you mean Augie?

I adopted a kitten from a local rescue group and I had to bring him to a vet - so I used the vet they recommended and he was a great vet and HALF the office visit price of a North Port vet I took my dog to.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:24 PM

3 posts, read 3,523 times
I have a Mastiff that suffered with chronic ear infections ("Otitis Externa?) and Dr. Gerry Gingerich at the Angel Animal Clinic solved the problem by teaching me how to flush the ears with Dawn dish detergent and an Animax prescription. Their number is 941-426-5700. Good luck!

Old 10-09-2013, 08:49 PM

Thanks for the tip RCINSWFL - my dog is a mastiff and his ears are not cropped - we seem to have it under control now.

Since I posted this I have even found a vet that charges NOTHING for an office visit - ye hah! - only charges if you need treatment - whereas the first vet I went to charged $60 just for the office visit!

Old 10-10-2013, 03:07 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,509 times
Care to share who and where?

Old 10-10-2013, 04:06 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,850 times
nice to see some fellow mastiff owners....... we have a Frenchy...

Old 10-10-2013, 06:57 PM

Englewood Animal Hospital in Englewood

Its not a big fancy office and they are very busy and the parking lot is not very big and can be a pain - but they don't charge an office visit fee which can be anywhere from $25 to $60 in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte