Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 02:07 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,917,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
When we had boat shrunkeraped up north over the einter there were moisture packets hung in thebbowt perhaps you could do simmilsr in the car.
I would do the same when I winterized my boat even though it wasn't shrinkwrapped. Never had an issue with mold but did have a raccoon move in and poop all over the cushions in my Grady White. Might have been better off with the mold; either way the cushions got thrown out!

I did go and buy some DampRid that I'll hang in the car when we leave again, making sure that all the car windows are up too. I was going to buy a dehumidifier today but Lowes only had large ones and Sears and Home Depot were both out of the smaller, 30 qt. model.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 05:16 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,778,215 times
h
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal chic View Post
Not necessarily. Only homes built in flood zones where the garage floor is built below BFE have to have vents.
I know a fellow wo had a stilt home damaged in sandy and he had these vents to let the water out of the first floor

Old 09-24-2013, 05:51 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,993,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
h

I know a fellow wo had a stilt home damaged in sandy and he had these vents to let the water out of the first floor
Yes, here too- any walls that are below BFE (ground level storage, for example, on a stilt home) would be required to have flood vents.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:58 PM

697 posts, read 1,167,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
but did have a raccoon move in and poop all over the cushions in my Grady White.
So..hows the coonskin hat?

Old 09-24-2013, 07:35 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,917,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyChief View Post
So..hows the coonskin hat?
Too warm for Florida!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte