Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 09:57 AM

241 posts, read 479,722 times

Advertisements

My daughter, her husband and their 2 kids are coming from Dec 7-18. Any suggestions for things to do with 2 1/2 and 4 year old? I know North Port has their Christmas Festival I think Dec 13 or 14th. My daughter was asking if there are any good parks that have more than just a set of swings and a slide. we have barely gotten ourselves to finding adult activities yet (slow learners, lol) and are clueless on kid stuff. Any ideas? We are on Port Charlotte/North Port border. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 12:53 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,629,036 times
On a warm day take them to the interactive fountain at Lashley Park in Punta Gorda.

That should wear them out.

You can also take them to the beach

Gary

Old 11-17-2013, 01:19 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,784,149 times
"December 13th at Bayshore Live Oak Park we will he hosting Holiday on the Harbor and we will be showing a holiday type family movie that evening"

I don't know the details but I did here this

t
and the boat parade 12/15
http://puntagordachamber.com/index.php?subcat=7

Old 11-17-2013, 01:25 PM

5,166 posts, read 4,937,562 times
If you feel like driving to Ft. Myers, there is the winter program at the Edison/Ford Winter Estates. The Holiday Nights will be going on and on Dec. 13th there will be Clydesdale wagon rides which the kids would probably enjoy (I know I would!).

Old 11-17-2013, 03:06 PM

69 posts, read 271,863 times
We had our 4 year old grandson visit last week and went to some playgrounds in North Port. Here is a web page with a listing of them--the links are on the left side of the page. We liked the Butler Park playground and also visited the Blue Ridge Park.
City of North Port, FL : Parks

There is a similar web page for parks/playgrounds in Charlotte County.
Community Services

We had a nice visit to the beach (went to Nokomis). The water was too cold for swimming but GS liked playing in the sand and we had a picnic on the beach that he enjoyed. Choose a day when it isn't too windy.
Marcia

Old 11-17-2013, 04:11 PM

5,166 posts, read 4,937,562 times
There is always Ponce De Leon park in Punta Gorda along with the Peace River Wildlife Center.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:42 PM

241 posts, read 479,722 times
Thanks everyone, I will look into all of your suggestions!

Old 11-18-2013, 07:51 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,543,047 times
Shell Factory N. Ft Myers has the Nature Park which is good for younger children. I took my grandchilren there when they came. The Shell Factory, Southwest Florida's number 1 destination

Port Charlotte Beach Complex has the playground, beach, pool - located at the end of Harbor Blvd. - http://www.charlottecountyfl.com/communityservices/ParkPages/PortCharlotteBeach.asp

Laishley Park has water spray fountains, Gilchrist Park has a variety of playground equipment - http://www.ci.punta-gorda.fl.us/leis/park_locations.html

Kidstar Park - http://kidstarpark.com/home.htm

Peace River Wildlife Center - http://www.peaceriverwildlifecenter.com/

Fish Cove Adventure (mini) Golf - http://portcharlotteminigolf.com/

Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 AM

56 posts, read 112,592 times
Our favorite park is Harold Ave (off Loveland). There's the usual swings and slides, but it's nicely arranged and they have shaded picnic areas close to the playground. Restrooms are around past the tennis courts in the rec building.

The new park on Bayshore at the water is very nice, very new, with some unusual playground equipment. Restrooms on-site there too.

Hope this helps!

Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 AM

3,179 posts, read 5,997,474 times
Bayshore park on the harbor in PC just installed a cool playground. My 4yr old loves it. There's also a playground at the beach complex in PC.
He also loves Escape Zone in PC. They have indoor bounce houses and tons of games.
If you make to Ft Myers for anything, go to Lakes Park and ride the miniature train. RAILROAD MUSUEM OF SOUTH FLORIDA My son loves this as well, plus they have a splash park just like the one at Laishley Park, if it's warm enough.
There's the Xmas lights canal tours out of Fisherman's Village.
A VERY kid-friendly place to eat is Flounder's (Englewood Beach). It's all sand outside with tons of games. Ask for the kids toys. They will give you buckets & shovels. The kiddos can entertain themselves next to your table while the adults converse over a cocktail (or three). They also have live music outside.
Other than that, kick the pool heater on and let them swim! That'll wear 'em out :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte