Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 02:36 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,942,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Attachment 122975

This is the little one behind Publix.

Am struggling to learn how to upload pictures. Hope this works.

Also have pictures of two gators laying in back yards at Eagle Point.
Cool!! Thanks for posting the pic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 03:04 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,630,289 times
Quote:
Attachment 122975

This is the little one behind Publix.

Am struggling to learn how to upload pictures. Hope this works.

Also have pictures of two gators laying in back yards at Eagle Point.
I have been checking back there whenever I go to either Home Depot or Publix and he has been there every time I looked for him. He is always by the gate directly behind the Publix rear delivery door.

Because he is always by the door I would guess he is being fed all of the day old chicken he can eat

Gary

Old 12-29-2013, 03:59 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,694,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
I have been checking back there whenever I go to either Home Depot or Publix and he has been there every time I looked for him. He is always by the gate directly behind the Publix rear delivery door.

Because he is always by the door I would guess he is being fed all of the day old chicken he can eat

Gary

Shhhhh..........

The squirrel cops have no flexibility.

Old 12-30-2013, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Shhhhh..........

The squirrel cops have no flexibility.
My Bad

Old 12-30-2013, 06:13 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,942,570 times
Maybe they are fattening him up. One day you'll go there and no gator in the pond, but they'll have a special on gator bites in the publix!

Old 12-30-2013, 08:55 AM

You guys would probably enjoy this place.

They actually raise alligators here. It is pretty big and is loaded with interesting stuff.

I have taken visitors there. it is a good 1/2 day trip once the Orlando hoopla has played out.

The Original Gator and Croc Adventure - Gatorama

From PG take 17 to Bermont Rd. (state road74) to the end. Make a left on 29 and it takes you to 27. Make a right and it is just down the road on the left. Make sure you have gas before heading out Bermont Rd.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:00 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,418,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post

Gary
Is he behind a fence? Not tryin to rain on anyone's parade (I don't live near there anyway) but that stuff usually leads to problems, and the alligator is taken away and killed.

So if You like him, don't feed him

Old 12-30-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Is he behind a fence? Not tryin to rain on anyone's parade (I don't live near there anyway) but that stuff usually leads to problems, and the alligator is taken away and killed.

So if You like him, don't feed him
Yes he is behind the fence... The closest I have been to him ia about 3 to 4 feet and he doesn't even blink an eye....if it were not for the fence I would never get that close.

It's kind of like oing to the Zoo

Gary

Old 01-11-2014, 02:58 PM

The colder weather we got has the two at Eagle Point out sunning every day behind the clubhouse. The bigger one is actually in the same person's back yard every day.

Saw a pretty big guy sunning himself up on Zemil Rd on Friday.

Not seen any activity behind Publix this week.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:24 PM

180 posts, read 450,376 times
Default He's a big boy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbl39 View Post
Come to my house. In our canal we regularly see Wally (15ft) Ally his wife(12ft), Tail, their son(9ft) Insti, their daughter (5ft) and Navi(3ft) their other son on a regular basis. Altho I will have to say it has been a few weeks.
According to the National Geographic Society's website, old, Wally may be the biggest alligator known to exist. You should get a camera crew out there!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte