Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 06:44 PM

133 posts, read 170,711 times

Advertisements

Before I purchased my home, while it was sitting empty, someone stole the heat pump. Now I know why, I have been checking the prices and they are really expensive! But, being new to the area and not liking cold water, it seems like replacing the heat pump is the best solution for me as I like really warm water. Can anyone give me any recommendations on a particular brand? also I have a 13,000 gallon pool and need help figuring out how many btu's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 09:48 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,371,455 times
We have an Aqua Cal and have been very happy with it. Very quiet unit, we keep our pool 91 degrees all year round! It costs around $100 / month to run. Here is a link HeatWave SuperQuiet - AquaCal

Sizing info link: http://www.aquacal.com/blog/post/127...ool-Heat-Pump-

Old 11-27-2013, 06:28 AM

133 posts, read 170,711 times
Thank you so much for the info! From doing my research, it sounds like Aqua Cal it is, have not read anything but positives about it. Can you give a recommendation as to who did your install? Finding good, reliable people seems to be the exception rather than the rule down here:}

Old 11-27-2013, 08:37 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,946,362 times
Don't know if they do installs, but we called Done Right Pool Heating when we thought our heat pump wasn't working correctly. Not only did they tell us it was working fine (instead of ripping us off), they did a tune up instead of charging us the service call fee for just looking.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:44 AM

697 posts, read 1,163,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardvanderbosch View Post
We have an Aqua Cal and have been very happy with it. Very quiet unit, we keep our pool 91 degrees all year round! It costs around $100 / month to run. Here is a link HeatWave SuperQuiet - AquaCal

Sizing info link: How Can I Size My Swimming Pool Heat Pump? - AquaCal Blog
Only $100 more a month to heat?..you use a pool cover also? How long do you have you pool pump running? Most turn it back a little in "winter" here...but I'm assuming you would need to run it as long to heat the water.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:14 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,371,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyChief View Post
Only $100 more a month to heat?..you use a pool cover also? How long do you have you pool pump running? Most turn it back a little in "winter" here...but I'm assuming you would need to run it as long to heat the water.
We keep a cover on whenever no one is using it. Makes big difference on heater usage from when we weren't covering it up.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:27 PM

700 posts, read 1,805,750 times
We shut down the heatpump Jan and Feb (if it stays cool in Feb). Xmas day, we in the pool!

Old 12-01-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daFrogMan View Post
We shut down the heatpump Jan and Feb (if it stays cool in Feb). Xmas day, we in the pool!
Rub it in dFm!

Old 12-02-2013, 06:57 AM

5,097 posts, read 4,859,877 times
This is a timely post for me, as we'll be adding a pool heater ourselves hopefully this winter or spring. Does anyone know if a pool heater can be used in conjunction with solar panels? Our solar panels just don't cut it in the winter months; it'll be March or April before they heat the pool enough.
But, first things first. I need to upgrade the electrical service panel before I move forward on the pool heater.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
This is a timely post for me, as we'll be adding a pool heater ourselves hopefully this winter or spring. Does anyone know if a pool heater can be used in conjunction with solar panels? .
Yes, they can. They route the output of the solar panels into the input of the heat pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Need help choosing a heat pump-solardiag.gif  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte