Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2014, 07:37 PM

14 posts, read 20,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by born01930 View Post
While posting on the forum may be too commercial, have you ever thought about an email list? Interested parties can sign up and when you have fresh fare all you do is send out a a quick email. If interested and need any help setting that up let us know as there are a few IT savvy people here and I am sure for a lb of fresh shrimp wouldn't mind walking you through the process.
Good idea. I am interested and as I get a little closer, will surely ask for help. Right now, I am totally focused on getting the hull soda blasted, three coats of primer, three coats of new bottom paint, three coats of new topsides paint and all of the attendant things needed to get her in the water and ready to fish. Then when I think I will be ready to have something to offer, will surely look for help from someone more tech savvy than I.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselips13 View Post
Iron Ox,

Let me be the first to put in my order for 2 pounds of fresh shrimp!

What kind of shrimp do you generally have?

I know we stayed up at Port Canaveral a few seasons, and one variety was red devil, I believe, and it was delish!

But if it's right off the boat, I'm not a picky girl, was just interested in seeing what is called and caught on different sides of the state...

And if you're all really good, I'll share my recipe for shrimp on the barbie with bacon....and pineapple.....
(and dipped in butter!)

My Dr. says my cholesterol has been running way too low.............
I will be glad to take that first order, Thank you.

The shrimp found in this part of Florida, from the Dry Tortugas almost to Tampa Bay are called Florida Pink Shrimp, or Key West Pink. The shrimp found from North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia and then on the East coast of Florida, are principally White or Brown Shrimp and from Tampa Bay around the Gulf to South Texas, also White or Brown. So Pinks are pretty localized here in Southwest Florida. The shrimp I catch and sell are the young adults who have not yet gone out of Charlotte Harbor to the Gulf to spawn. They therefore are less salty and don't have that slightly briny, metallic iodine character that are sometimes found in Gulf shrimp. They are the tenderest, sweetest shrimp I have ever had.

You most likely had Royal Red Shrimp. They are hard to find, slow growing, deep living shrimp. They have a quality almost like lobster, but as good as they taste, they may not be a very sustainable fishery. Here is a short description of the Florida Shrimp varieties and some information: Shrimp - Types and Use

Old 08-23-2014, 12:00 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,759,428 times
Excellent! I was able to click on the phone number on my iPad and add it directly to my contacts list.
See you soon!

Old 08-24-2014, 03:39 PM

90 posts, read 129,708 times
Thank you,
I'll put your number in my phone too.

CANNOT wait for the shrimp!

Old 08-24-2014, 03:41 PM

90 posts, read 129,708 times
P.S. If you need us all to come and break the bottle on the hull of the boat, and bless you on your abundant shrimp bounty, let us know...........

Old 08-25-2014, 12:54 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,800,462 times
Looking forward to fresh shrimp in November!

Old 08-25-2014, 04:06 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,950,902 times
Used to buy shrimp right off the boat in St Petersburg in the 80's; made Jambalaya every Saturday afternoon. Hope this works out, it would be great to do that again. Shrimp off the boat is like snapper you just caught and threw on the grill - no comparison to store bought.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:23 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	Begining.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	136480All of the grinding, sanding and priming is done. All of the welding is done. All the painting is done, the new cable is strung and wound on the winch, I need to tighten a couple of nuts and bolts, but then, sometime tomorrow, we should splash the Ox. If it is near noon or very early afternoon, I may try to take her to Fishermen's Village, but it is a four plus hour steam, so may wait til early Tuesday AM. She looks grand and I can hardly wait to have her over the side. Still a lot of work to do before we go fishing, but it still looks like the end of October or first of November is the target.
Attached Thumbnails
Fresh seafood store????-nearly-done.jpg  

Old 09-21-2014, 09:49 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,770,373 times
she llokin good and my favorite color hull

Old 09-22-2014, 05:13 AM

5,114 posts, read 4,883,077 times
The ol' Iron Ox is looking great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte