Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 02:24 PM

493 posts, read 636,927 times

Advertisements

I'll be driving down next week to my new house in PGI and my first order of business is to go furniture shopping so I'm looking for some advice. A friend of mine has been through this process recently so I have some good info from him but any additional advice I can get would be great. I've done a thorough internet search also so I have a pretty good idea of where to go but if anyone has some suggestions for local stores that may not have much of an internet presence let me know. I like to support local business when I can but I don't have a lot of time to get this done and I have a whole house to fill. Not looking to spend a fortune but I don't want junk either. Thanks, Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 02:55 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,631,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Ray Mark View Post
I'll be driving down next week to my new house in PGI and my first order of business is to go furniture shopping so I'm looking for some advice. A friend of mine has been through this process recently so I have some good info from him but any additional advice I can get would be great. I've done a thorough internet search also so I have a pretty good idea of where to go but if anyone has some suggestions for local stores that may not have much of an internet presence let me know. I like to support local business when I can but I don't have a lot of time to get this done and I have a whole house to fill. Not looking to spend a fortune but I don't want junk either. Thanks, Mark
When I look around the house I realize that every piece of furniture came from Rooms to Go

They financed at zero interest which I'm always happy to take advantage of.

Just make sure you set up automatic payments because if you miss one the interest rate kicks in and I'm sure it's north of 20 percent

Gary

Old 12-22-2013, 03:46 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Got most of our furniture at American Signature and Savon Furniture. We also liked the prices and selection at Furniture Warehouse.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:19 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
Lots of affordable choices here: Savon, American Signature Furniture, Furniture Warehouse, Rooms to Go

Higher end: Bacons Furniture, Havertys, Baers, Denmark Interiors

Florida Style: Coastal Furniture and Accessories, Florida Furnishings

Outdoor: Leaders Casual Furniture, Home Depot, Lowes, WalMart, Clinton Casual

Used Furniture: Goodwill, Cultural Center of Charlotte County, Neat Repeats, Habitat for Humanity, Garage sales, Craigslist, Sun Newspaper and other consignment shops

Old 12-23-2013, 06:35 PM

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it. Mark

Old 12-25-2013, 06:31 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
Do not fail to check out Nearly New (and new too) in Englewood.
They have consignments, estate sale furniture and new as well.
Nothing is junk, all is very nice higher end casual and fine furnishings for all rooms, including lanais.
We bought a Jr. executive solid wood desk for my office, with electrical, computer and USB ports for less than $300. This would easily be $1000 new and it was unblemished. We bought a bonded leather chair and ottoman, brand new from Stanley, for my office as well. When we replace our existing dining set, we will get it there. Do yourself a favor and check it out. Items change every week, so don't think too long when you find what you want.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Do not fail to check out Nearly New (and new too) in Englewood.
They have consignments, estate sale furniture and new as well.
Nothing is junk, all is very nice higher end casual and fine furnishings for all rooms, including lanais.
We bought a Jr. executive solid wood desk for my office, with electrical, computer and USB ports for less than $300. This would easily be $1000 new and it was unblemished. We bought a bonded leather chair and ottoman, brand new from Stanley, for my office as well. When we replace our existing dining set, we will get it there. Do yourself a favor and check it out. Items change every week, so don't think too long when you find what you want.
I'll check them out if I have time. I like the idea of used furniture for the stuff I need without upolstory. Thanks for the heads up. Mark
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte