Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 04:49 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,409,870 times

Advertisements

For what its worth, we have Florida Peninsula, rated dropped $350 this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 04:28 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,801,413 times
Does anyone know of a carrier that will insure rental property's?
It seems Citizens is the only way to go.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:35 AM

165 posts, read 335,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
Does anyone know of a carrier that will insure rental property's?
It seems Citizens is the only way to go.
Our agent said Citizens was the only choice when we renewed our policy about a year ago. Sure wish there were others.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:27 PM

17 posts, read 27,735 times
Default Heritage offering takeout for rental property

I just received a takeout letter from Heritage ("Pillars of Strength and Character")
Our house is a rental property.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 949 times
SafePoint has stolen $9,880 from me by canceling my policy which I never approved and then keeping my premium which Chase Bank, in league with SafePoint, paid SafePoint from my bank account. The SafePoint owners should be arrested for theft, but being in league with the insurance brokers, banks, and inefficient government and primarily the US (in)justice department, I won't see the money, as I believe SafePoint will decide to go bankrupt so they won't have to pay me and the perhaps hundreds of others from whom they stole premiums.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:50 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,616,571 times
I'm guessing you have a mortgage on a home in a flood zone and you let your flood insurance laps?

If this is the case what the bank did was legal and covered in the documents you signed when your mortgage was originated.

Gary

Old 12-24-2015, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 879 times
I receive at least two or three offers of "take over" homeowners insurance every year! It drives me crazy, as my home is a very low risk structure, constructed after Andrew, kept in very good condition and qualifying for discounts even with Citizens for our Rolladen window covers, alarms, and general quality. I cannot understand why I must be bothered constantly. I have never made a claim to Citizens, although did have a claim many years ago for a break-in, but I guess that's different.
In any case, any of the companies that have been taking over Citizens' policies, are VERY NEW and only in business for a couple of years, if so. I do take the time to check up on every single offer - should I get lucky and find a decent company with experience in the business. No such luck yet. Latest was SafePoint, which started in 2013?! And as told by another Floridian below, I am very much afraid of a "bait and switch", where they offer a comparable "ESTIMATED PREMIUM" which can increase exponentially once you do drop out of Citizens.
For now, my husband and I prefer to stay with Citizens. I don't see a solution to Florida's homeowners' insurance dilemma any time soon.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 697 times
SafePoint has kept on finding ways to up my insurance premiums, I am now over 50% of Citizens for the same coverage with Safe Point.
My agent does nothing for me.
Just don't out of Citizens and keep their policy, once you do you can't get back to Citizens under your same old policy, even if it is within a month after Citizens cancelled your policy.
I'm paying too much $ for home insurance, although my home is fully paid, SafePoint still increased the coverage amount and my agent said they have the right to do so.
We will be either selling our home or remodeling with every possible protection to bring our cost down, we don't have a single discount because our home was built in 1938, although it has been fully upgraded in plumbing, electrical and AC; but we still need to change our windows/doors to impact and put on a new roof. We'll also be installing an alarm system. If after doing all of that, SafePoint or any other insurance company does not provide us with a decent policy, we'll simply have no coverage and take our own risks; after all the deductibles in case of a claim, I figure this home insurance business is the biggest rip off and corporate fraud there is, all allowed by our great political system.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:07 PM

46 posts, read 40,522 times
I bought my home there in 2013. I had not done much research on insurance cost. I ask my realtor he if could give me an es
stimate on insurance cost. He said could better answer that question once I settled on a home. HE did however tell me if I bought a house that had a federal electrical box I most likely could not get insurance as there has been problems with fires. The home I purchased has approx. 1500 sq feet under air with large screened in pool also a two car garage. I paid cash for the home so was at liberty to shop around for insurance. Well, I learned real quick there is very little shopping to be done! I purchased a policy with Heritage . Cost me almost 3 times what my policy cost for the home in Kentucky...and my Ky. home is insurance for about 50000 more that the house in Florida. So far no problems and I have made a small wind damage claim. Rates have stayed constant too.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 619 times
Default Bad experience!!

I received the letter also and i switched but i am regretting now because i am paying much more money and they give a lot hard time for to pay a claim, and at the end deny it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte