Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 08:34 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Tamiami Trail (41) is a verrrrry long road ... where is the webcam located? north of Veterans Blvd. looks like. Driving 41 from the Peace River Bridge north is usually jam packed, traffic lights galore.
From River road to Punta Gorda is not good. In Summer I have driven it and not stopped if you drive at about 52 mph, but in Winter, its going to be a long ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 09:07 AM

747 posts, read 1,012,097 times
except, i wasn't complaining.

the world changes, things ebb and flow, perhaps take a deep breath and deal with it. you already live in paradise, and should consider how fortunate you really are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
When you complain about those complaining your in the same category

Old 02-27-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJNE17 View Post
except, i wasn't complaining.

the world changes, things ebb and flow, perhaps take a deep breath and deal with it. you already live in paradise, and should consider how fortunate you really are.

I have given credit to the pos of Fla. Beaches, weather in winter to name a couple, but that does not make the neg none existent. Hurricanes, crowds to name a few. I think its a great place to live, but no place is perfect. California has high taxes and earth quakes, much of the mid west is under developed, the north has crap weather for half the year, unless you like to have frozen feet and snow up to your butt. NYC and Chicago are great places to visit for a few days but not worth living in IMO. Yes, I was telling people who would listen two and three years ago that Fla may be down right now but its one of maybe three places in the usa that is very unique and desirable to be in. Las Vegas, California and Florida. They were all beaten up a lot, but I said they will come back strong. There is no other place in the world like Vegas, or Florida or California and it has a lot of draw. But flaw free they are not.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:11 AM

747 posts, read 1,012,097 times
i've lived for long (10+ year) periods of time in every place you mentioned, and every one of them has its plusses and minuses.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:48 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJNE17 View Post
i've lived for long (10+ year) periods of time in every place you mentioned, and every one of them has its plusses and minuses.
I think that's what the OP was saying....

Old 02-27-2014, 11:32 AM

114 posts, read 172,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
I would bet it gets a lot busier than it has in the past few years. My wife is in the Real Estate business and she said that lots in NP were selling for 1k maybe 1500 a couple years ago, now they are going for 10k. Its coming back with a vengeance. Its a double edged sword that is for sure. Great that home values are not plummeting but Not fun to navigate traffic
If your wife is in the real estate business, does that mean you have a "dog in the fight"?

Old 02-27-2014, 06:31 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,584 times
speaking of crowded I went to publix this evening around 5, it was like thanksgiving madness, no parking unless your way out and crowded isles.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:41 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukenyc View Post
If your wife is in the real estate business, does that mean you have a "dog in the fight"?

Puhleeeez ... why a snarky comment on a Realtor. The subject is traffic! It never ceases to amaze me how many people have an axe to grind with hardworking Realtors. I suggest that the complainers go out and get a r/e license, pay all the exhorbitant fees to stay in business, pay insurance and income taxes up the ying-yang, work long hours at the convenience of clients; then come back and tell us how you like it.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukenyc View Post
First off being in Real estate is not necessarily being a Realtor. There are many jobs from Banking to Title that are associated with real estate but not being a realtor, second if I was trying to dispense buying and or selling advice it may very well be biased. But again having a bias is not a reason to completely dismiss an opinion but you must keep it in context. As Upton Sinclair said, its hard to get a man to understand something if his pay check depends on him not understanding it. So I hope you can keep an open mind, it may save you in the future.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:25 AM

114 posts, read 172,714 times
Quilter, take it easy. I have nothing against realtors. The comment was more a poke at Saxon for an earlier comment he made in the thread. All in good fun, no harm intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte