Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 06:36 PM

493 posts, read 632,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
You won't need any transportation, Keywest is all about walking around and taking it all in.

Must see Pete and Wayne at Sloppy Joes Bar Wednesday thru Saturday 5:30 pm

Sunset in Mallory Square...lots of street performers.

Other than that just bar hop and shop and eat and people watch.

Oh Yea nobody goes to Key West for the beach.....The Beach $ucks!

Gary
I don't know Gary, doesn't sound like my kind of place LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 07:00 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,613,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Ray Mark View Post
I don't know Gary, doesn't sound like my kind of place LOL
You should go during the week...weekends are too crowded and you need to be in PG on Saturday because I'm having a BBQ/pool party.

Gary

Old 02-25-2014, 07:20 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,767,952 times
Quote:
Mike, did you rent the cars near the ferry? That sounds like fun too. Probably will be looking for a cheap temporary boat soon so I have something to get us out on the water until I'm ready to get something nice. Already have two boats up here to keep me busy so I need to keep my Florida life as simple as possible for now.
it was walking distance withing a block I don't remember the name maybe this place it was the same type cars
A&M Electric Car Rental Key West

Old 02-25-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
You should go during the week...weekends are too crowded and you need to be in PG on Saturday because I'm having a BBQ/pool party.

Gary
Was planning on Monday and Tuesday so I'll be at your pool party, no problem.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
it was walking distance withing a block I don't remember the name maybe this place it was the same type cars
A&M Electric Car Rental Key West
Thanks Mike

Old 02-25-2014, 08:47 PM

383 posts, read 1,019,872 times
Quote:
You won't need any transportation, Keywest is all about walking around and taking it all in.

Must see Pete and Wayne at Sloppy Joes Bar Wednesday thru Saturday 5:30 pm

Sunset in Mallory Square...lots of street performers.

Other than that just bar hop and shop and eat and people watch.

Oh Yea nobody goes to Key West for the beach.....The Beach $ucks!

Gary
Very good information,I agree with all,and especially do'nt go to Key West for the beach,just go for the party and I would add,have a margarita at Margaritaville,and a beer at HogsBreath saloon(grab a Tshirt too)

Old 02-25-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum wannabe View Post
Very good information,I agree with all,and especially do'nt go to Key West for the beach,just go for the party and I would add,have a margarita at Margaritaville,and a beer at HogsBreath saloon(grab a Tshirt too)
I forgot about HogsBreath...great place for Bloody Mary's at 9:30 in the morning

Gary

Old 02-26-2014, 10:20 AM

14,824 posts, read 11,967,559 times
Quote:
My wife and I will be down in the end of April to spend our second week at our new place in PGI. The first week we where there shortly after we bought it was spent buying furniture and getting the place all set up so this time we want to chill out a little. However, it happens to be our 30th anniversary so just hanging out isn't special enough for the occasion even though I just bought her a new concrete dock. I learned of the Key West Ferry from another thread on this forum and I think we want to do an overnight trip after checking out the website. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to make the most of a short visit. Mainly need suggestions for where to stay, eat, drink, and have fun. Probably a ton of places to do this which is part of the problem, too many choices. We've never been there so some advice from those who have done a short blast down there would be great. Also, if someone can explain to me why a new 30' dock is not a sufficient 30th anniversary gift please let me know. It sounds perfect to me! Mark
LOL, well, the whole package you've described, the new house in PGI (although would not be my personal choice of a place to live, but many people like it), new furniture and the new dock would be
quite a 30th anniversary wedding present IMO, and I'd certainly consider myself sufficiently "gifted" if my DH presented me with all that. But perhaps there are some who figure that a personal item, ahem, can you say "jewelry" would be more appropriate to label as such a gift.

There might be some who say you were planning to purchase the house, furniture and put in the dock anyway, so you didn't do this just for the occasion of your 30th wedding anniversary- sort of like giving your spouse a new vacuum cleaner or new AC system- or a plunger ( thinking of some of the ads that come out on gift-giving holidays, where everything becomes a gift) because you needed those anyway. Just a thought in response to your question about it. And really meant as tongue in cheek!

Actually, we've put in 260 feet of rip-rap on the edge of our property by the canal, a dock and boat-lift in the last five months, and we're about to buy a boat. I'm considering those items as Christmas, birthday, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and anniversary gifts because we dropped quite a chunk of change on those items and we both wanted all that. We're celebrating our retirement, and being able to do all this and live in this beautiful location.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
LOL, well, the whole package you've described, the new house in PGI (although would not be my personal choice of a place to live, but many people like it), new furniture and the new dock would be
quite a 30th anniversary wedding present IMO, and I'd certainly consider myself sufficiently "gifted" if my DH presented me with all that. But perhaps there are some who figure that a personal item, ahem, can you say "jewelry" would be more appropriate to label as such a gift.

There might be some who say you were planning to purchase the house, furniture and put in the dock anyway, so you didn't do this just for the occasion of your 30th wedding anniversary- sort of like giving your spouse a new vacuum cleaner or new AC system- or a plunger ( thinking of some of the ads that come out on gift-giving holidays, where everything becomes a gift) because you needed those anyway. Just a thought in response to your question about it. And really meant as tongue in cheek!

Actually, we've put in 260 feet of rip-rap on the edge of our property by the canal, a dock and boat-lift in the last five months, and we're about to buy a boat. I'm considering those items as Christmas, birthday, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and anniversary gifts because we dropped quite a chunk of change on those items and we both wanted all that. We're celebrating our retirement, and being able to do all this and live in this beautiful location.
I for one can't understand this constant need to spend money.....Mark I think you should just stay home and save tour money for Beach Creek.

Gary

Old 02-27-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
I for one can't understand this constant need to spend money.....Mark I think you should just stay home and save tour money for Beach Creek.

Gary
Gary, too late to go back now. I'm giving up $12 Martini's at Beach Creek so instead I'll be sitting on the aft deck of the boat making my own. But then again, I say that every winter but as soon as the boat goes back in the water my dock neighbors gang up on me and make me go. Travelassie, I appreciate your words of wisdom. You're correct that we would have bought the house and everything regardless of the anniversary but since I'm such a cheap guy I'm always looking for ways to avoid spending money. Problem is, I'm not very successful at it. Just kidding of course about the dock being an anniversary gift but since you mentioned the thing about a gift being something personal maybe I should buy her a jet ski (PERSONAL water craft)LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte