Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 10:49 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,074 times

Advertisements

well we love where we are (Rotonda Sands) any of the Rotonda sub divisions are nice IMO. SGC is also pleasant and has a lot of building going on.

I am about to start the first home of what will hopefully be a new community in Rotonda Meadows......my client has nearly 100 lots and is looking to build out.....we should break ground late May.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 12:10 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,735 times
Just as a reference, I looked at several properties in Palm harbor a few years ago. They were older but in good condition. It's a good area,easy gulf access, and not far from Honeymoon Beach.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:01 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakegirl54 View Post
Thanks for all the info! Will check into the areas. We would rather stay on the mainland and want to have our boat on the canal, but putting it in a marina and letting them take care of it is also a good option. We checked out the Rotunda but really like being by water. We are from a small city and really like the "small town atmosphere" of this area compared to the Naples/Fort Myers area. During the winter months the traffic is crazy in the bigger cities.
when I moved here in 2004 prices were skyrocketing and I bought a home on a dry lot to conserve money starting new business. so I went with rack storage when I returned to the marina I was newver in a hutrry to leave but I got the feeling they wanted me to leave so my boat could be taken care of and didn't take up dock space. I bought larger cabin cruiser later years hust to hang out at the marine still. but it wasn't like I was used to having your boat at home. if you do go the marina route id choose rotunda as it a nice area and close to 4 marinas and beaches also are close by also boating in the gulf and icw is easy

Old 04-10-2014, 02:43 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,141 times
we just tried to get our canals dredged and charlotte county call all our canals drainage ditches but when tax times comes it a different story waterfront not drainage front .

Old 04-10-2014, 03:37 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,000,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
we just tried to get our canals dredged and charlotte county call all our canals drainage ditches but when tax times comes it a different story waterfront not drainage front .
Mike, you pay for navigable waterway maintenance on your taxes every year! We all do! If your canal has shoals which makes it impassable, then FIGHT the county to dredge!!!

Old 04-10-2014, 03:50 PM

vote for Harbor Hopper....for the people :-)

Old 04-10-2014, 05:21 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,000,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
vote for Harbor Hopper....for the people :-)
ALWAYS Pete!!! If politics didn't disgust me, I would run "for the people"!!!

Old 04-10-2014, 05:58 PM

ah but we got that nice Curt Clawson now !!!!!

Old 04-20-2014, 08:35 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,401 times
Default where to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakegirl54 View Post
The marina sounds like the way to go. We are expanding our search to homes not on a canal, but closer to the beach and marina. Any ideas of what areas?
Thanks so much for all the posts! They are so helpful.
Have you visited the area before? There are a lot of options for you, still plenty of surplus housing and good bargains for existing housing throughout the area. We have been visiting Rotonda/Englewood for the past 8 years so we are familiar with and love the feel of it, very laid back, and plenty to do if you want to be active. We just bought a lot in Rotonda on a canal, it's about 15 minutes to Englewood Beach and Manasota Key, maybe 15 minutes to Stump Pass where you'll find marinas, from the marinas about a 20 minute ride to the gulf by boat. From Rotonda it's only 10 minutes to stores, banks, restaurants, if you want a little more variety, Port Charlotte is only about 20 minutes away. Good luck in your search.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:22 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,630,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
Mike, you pay for navigable waterway maintenance on your taxes every year! We all do! If your canal has shoals which makes it impassable, then FIGHT the county to dredge!!!
Can you please expand on this...I can't find any info that shows the county is responsible for dredging.

Thanks Gary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte