U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:27 AM

57 posts, read 225,622 times

Advertisements

With the recent move to Florida I have been putting the poor wife through a lot of stress lately, that and her dealing with the three kids while I have been away. Can anyone recommend a good day spa where she can go and get a massage, hair done, pedicure and all that other good stuff? Looking for somewhere that she can relax and enjoy herself for awhile without having to take care of everyone else (not a doctor office style). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 09:32 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,535,197 times
I'm not familiar with your area but there is an online source for spa gift certificates- it's called spawish.com

If you visit there you'll find a list of participating spas in your area and can buy the giftcard online.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:43 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,090,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3tsabo View Post
With the recent move to Florida I have been putting the poor wife through a lot of stress lately, that and her dealing with the three kids while I have been away. Can anyone recommend a good day spa where she can go and get a massage, hair done, pedicure and all that other good stuff? Looking for somewhere that she can relax and enjoy herself for awhile without having to take care of everyone else (not a doctor office style). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!
Spago's in Punta Gorda.

My husband sent me their for my birthday a few months back. It was a nice treat.

I believe they have a website with services & prices.

It is right over the 41 bridge in Punta Gorda.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:14 PM

1,023 posts, read 3,204,595 times
Quote:
There is a spa in North Port on Tamiami. I think it's called New Attitude. Also, there is a great place called Emmett's in Englewood at 1221 South McCall Rd. I've never been to either, but I hear they are good. Emmett's Spa and Beauty has a website. As far as Port Charlotte goes....there are the following: La Bella Vita on Tamiami, and Peace River Salon and Day Spa at 3802 Tamiami Trl. in Port Charlotte. There is also a full service day spa called Knoeckel Monica at 3630 N. Access Rd. in Englewood.
Good luck!

Old 12-15-2007, 06:43 AM

Thank you all for the great advice, after this past month the wife definitely deserves to be pampered for awhile. LewLew how did you become such an expert on the local area and you don't even live there yet, LOL? We fly down tomorrow night and hopefully will have a place lined up by the end of Monday. We have decided to focus on the North Port area and all the homes we are looking at are in this area. Both Charleston Park and Lakeside Plantation are high on our list since these seem to be the most family orientated areas, good chance we could be neighbors soon. Hope your search is going well...........................

Old 12-15-2007, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Thank you all for the great advice, after this past month the wife definitely deserves to be pampered for awhile. LewLew how did you become such an expert on the local area and you don't even live there yet, LOL? We fly down tomorrow night and hopefully will have a place lined up by the end of Monday. We have decided to focus on the North Port area and all the homes we are looking at are in this area. Both Charleston Park and Lakeside Plantation are high on our list since these seem to be the most family orientated areas, good chance we could be neighbors soon. Hope your search is going well...........................
I love to research, and we visit often. Yes, Lakeside Plantation looks nice...renting would be good there, but remember the CDD fees if you decide to buy something. Good rule of thumb...if the CDD fee is 2000 per year, you are going to pay the same in mortgage total as you would on a home 35-50K higher in price without the fees. Basically, you could buy a 300K home instead of a 250K home. I went through that here in Jax with our CDD fees. We moved out of there fast, and bought a home without them. We lost 80K on the CDD home's value, and gained it all back in one year in the home without the fees. Buyers are getting really savvy, and if they can buy something comparable in a non CDD fee area, they will surely do it. Best of luck in your move. One of those spas should work out nicely.

Yes, I think we'll be neighbors shortly. My final interview is next week.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:10 PM

Yes, we are aware of the CDD fees but like I said we will be renting the first year we are down there so we are not to concerned about that. By next year we should have a good idea where we want to buy a home, give us time to get a good feel for the area and see what the housing market is going to do. I am really amazed at how low some of the rentals are going for. I'll know more on Monday but it seems like there are some really great deals out there. Of course, sitting here in Ohio this weekend in the rain/snow/ sleet/cold/slush/wind, anything would look good, I am counting the hours until I fly out tomorrow.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Yes, we are aware of the CDD fees but like I said we will be renting the first year we are down there so we are not to concerned about that. By next year we should have a good idea where we want to buy a home, give us time to get a good feel for the area and see what the housing market is going to do. I am really amazed at how low some of the rentals are going for. I'll know more on Monday but it seems like there are some really great deals out there. Of course, sitting here in Ohio this weekend in the rain/snow/ sleet/cold/slush/wind, anything would look good, I am counting the hours until I fly out tomorrow.
Careful flying tomorrow. I'm flying to NY and had to change my flight plans. The weather is supposed to be horrendous. Have a blast. It's going to be 83 tomorrow. Also, yes, the CDD fees don't matter at all on a rental. Have fun, and good luck in your new role. If Shannon knows where you end up, we'll have to look you up when we get there.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:26 PM

I'm going to be really upset if my flight gets cancelled tomorrow, expect some serious ranting and raving on this board if that happens to me tomorrow. Should be seeing Shannon on Monday if she is feeling better. Looking at the weather for Monday they are saying only in the low 60's, guess I will take that over this "stuff" we have here. Supposed to warm up by the end of the week though, hopefully I will get some time to enjoy it!

Old 12-16-2007, 05:47 AM

Quote:
I'm going to be really upset if my flight gets cancelled tomorrow, expect some serious ranting and raving on this board if that happens to me tomorrow. Should be seeing Shannon on Monday if she is feeling better. Looking at the weather for Monday they are saying only in the low 60's, guess I will take that over this "stuff" we have here. Supposed to warm up by the end of the week though, hopefully I will get some time to enjoy it!
At least it will be sunny with no snow. There could be some rain. I'll expect to see some ranting from you.....almost everything on this side of the US is delayed. Travel safely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte