Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2014, 05:17 PM

60 posts, read 77,546 times

Advertisements

My husband and will be coming down to PG for the Winter this November. We were told the US postal service will not forward bank statement and 1099's etc. I know there are mail forwarding services but know nothing about this. I'd prefer to not have to change the address on bank accounts etc. every 6 months. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 08:33 AM

3,179 posts, read 5,961,626 times
Not sure... We just bought another house in Englewood and I keep getting bank statements for the previous owners. Not exactly something I would want someone else getting their hands on!

Old 09-09-2014, 10:22 AM

14,814 posts, read 11,958,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnfitz View Post
My husband and will be coming down to PG for the Winter this November. We were told the US postal service will not forward bank statement and 1099's etc. I know there are mail forwarding services but know nothing about this. I'd prefer to not have to change the address on bank accounts etc. every 6 months. Any advice?
You can change your mailing address on the personal information you have listed with your banks. It's easy to do online, but if you prefer, you could contact the bank (speak to a live person) to do that for you. You can change it back when you're ready for those statements to go back to your current address.

As for the 1099's, you can contact the institutions ( or employers, whichever applies, to change the mailing address for these statements too. With all the snowbirds around, banks/financial institutions are used to
changes of address/temporary addresses, and what have you.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:59 AM

230 posts, read 405,106 times
Go paperless. I have not had a paper statement from my bank, utilities, phone, TV, and even student loans in years.

You can get all this information though your accounts on-line.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:46 AM

5,102 posts, read 4,868,039 times
Check with your institutions as to whether they allow their mail to be forwarded. The post office will only not forward mail if the sender requests it to not be forwarded.
I found this out the hard way when I noticed that my truck's (that's kept in MD) tags had expired. When I looked further into it, it was also over a year past due on emissions testing (at $15/month late-fee). It was all because the MD Motor Vehicle Admin. won't allow mail they send to be forwarded. And I'm sure they're not the only ones!

Old 09-10-2014, 10:42 PM

23 posts, read 43,980 times
When our financial institution changed their name, they sent out new checks and debit cards. But they would not send them to a forwarded address. So I had a month left in Florida with no checks and no debit card. I could not use my old debit card at the ATM to get cash and I was not happy. Luckily my credit card still worked but who wants to use a credit card to buy a cup of coffee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte