Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 12:29 PM

35 posts, read 47,554 times

Advertisements

Since I we will be moving to the area soon enough, we are going to have to change doctors. Who is good, bad, or otherwise and why? The hospital you would not want to go to and the one that, if you had to go, would be your 1st choice and why? Same with dentist. I waited 4 months to get into my dentisit and now we are moving to a new area; now my current PCP here I've yet to meet and been to the office twice. I realize these questions are subjective but any info would be helpful in making a decision. Having worked in healthcare before my abrupt departure from that area (it was nothing nefarious either) of work, I understand the importance of someone that not only knows their stuff but has a bedside manner that makes you feel they care. Too often its about their next car, boat, or trip and the greenback takes priority over the person sitting in front of them. It's those later individuals I want to avoid. Thank you in advance and hopefully continued health or a quick recovery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 12:35 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,001,502 times
The hospital here in Englewood is fine for non-life threatening injuries. Anything major, go to Sarasota. I will NEVER step foot in Fawcett (PC) again.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:11 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,141 times
fawcet did well by me with my stroked

Old 10-20-2014, 05:15 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,850 times
interestingly I had some insider information about Englewood Hospital

person in the know said 'never go there, I would insist an ambulance drove past it to get somewhere else'

they held a high position too

Old 10-20-2014, 06:38 PM

390 posts, read 609,091 times
Unfortunately, the hospitals in the immediate area, Englewood, PC, PG do not have the best reputations. Sarasota memorial would be my first choice, if possible. I don't know much about the hospital in Venice.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:53 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
I would agree with what everyone has said about hospitals- go to Sarasota. For a dentist, I highly recommend Dr Schapley, Dentist North Port Charlotte FL | Kevin Schapley, DMD, PA

Old 10-21-2014, 04:56 AM

11 posts, read 19,382 times
Curious why the opinion on Fawcett is negative?

Old 10-21-2014, 06:53 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,001,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montgomj07 View Post
Curious why the opinion on Fawcett is negative?
Two years ago I had a chainsaw kick back and nail me in the mouth. Went through my upper lip. I came home, cleaned it up, and my wife said I definitely need stitches and a tetanus shot. We looked at the ER wait times on Fawcett & Peace River Hospital's websites. Fawcett said like 12 minutes, so I went there. With a blood-soaked rag, I sat in the waiting room for 3 (that's THREE) HOURS before even getting into Triage, where of course she said I need stitches!! The front desk girl had absolutely no business working with people, as she firmly directed me to "SIT DOWN!" when I asked her why nobody had been called back in over two hours, and if I could get a clean cloth for the blood. During the 4th hour and after telling the receptionist that I'm walking across the street to Peace River, they miraculously called me back. The NP was very nice and he got me stitched up and out in 20 mins. The next day I spoke to the ER manager and explained my ridiculous situation
1).advertised wait time was literally 20x the 12 minutes on their website
2) receptionist was completely useless and played with her phone 99% of the time I was there.
3) Triage (which is supposed to get you in quickly upon arrival) was dark and closed until 9pm!

This is why I will never go back there. Screw me over 1x to this magnitude while dripping blood and in pain, well, you see my disdain with Fawcett.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:21 AM

35 posts, read 47,554 times
Ok, Fawcett out completely. Englewood for only simple stuff. Peace, Venice and Sarasota in that order from least to most prevalent? Primary care physicians, any of those you want to recommend? We are generally healthy people. We attempt to eat right and exercise. Wife has genetic issues that are likely to creep up in the near future due to age but that said, she's only 42. What I'm trying to delicately say is we don't need someone who specializes in geriatrics...yet.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:46 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,999,730 times
For a GP, I go to Dr. Ramon Deleon at the Millenium Group on 776 in Englewood.

FWIW, we have only been to a hospital once, and we went to Englewood. Our son sliced his eyebrow open in a treehouse accident. Three stitches later, he was fine. I had always heard not to go there, too, but it was right around the corner. I have no complaints about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte