Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 05:34 PM

174 posts, read 365,720 times

Advertisements

We are considering retiring in PG but wondering if we can afford to buy a home. We are looking for a 2 bdrm on a small lot that we can fence for our dogs. We would like it to be fairly modern and in a nice neighborhood. We don't want a fixer-upper. We don't want and high-end amenities and don't need to be on or close to the water. We would like to be within 15 minutes from shopping and doctors.
So here is the big question (drum role please).........................and don't laugh................(more drum role)..............Do you think we can find something decent under $140K? No laughing please..........
Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 06:26 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,438,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDog2 View Post
We are considering retiring in PG but wondering if we can afford to buy a home. We are looking for a 2 bdrm on a small lot that we can fence for our dogs. We would like it to be fairly modern and in a nice neighborhood. We don't want a fixer-upper. We don't want and high-end amenities and don't need to be on or close to the water. We would like to be within 15 minutes from shopping and doctors.
So here is the big question (drum role please).........................and don't laugh................(more drum role)..............Do you think we can find something decent under $140K? No laughing please..........
Thanks!!!
Not that you would want to live in!

Old 11-23-2014, 07:47 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,998,719 times
Oops sorry, I posted links. Yes, there are a few homes in Punta Gorda, but lots of homes in Port Charlotte and North Port. Come on down!

Last edited by coastal chic; 11-23-2014 at 07:56 PM..

Old 11-23-2014, 08:08 PM

Default Affordable home

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardvanderbosch View Post
Not that you would want to live in!
That is exactly what I needed to know. I kinda figured.........THANKS!!!

Old 11-23-2014, 08:11 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,271,961 times
I will send you a Direct message GoodDog2 TONS of help for you

Old 11-24-2014, 06:04 AM

Default Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
I will send you a Direct message GoodDog2 TONS of help for you
Thanks so much! It is interesting! I guess everything is relative. If you live in a $400K+ home I guess you may consider a $140K home unlivable. I am a person of modest means. Just want a modest, but modern home in a neighborhood where we won't be in fear of being mugged every time we sit outside.
I saw lots of nice looking homes in Port Charlotte that seem to be out in the sticks. Dirt roads and brush.......not sure about those areas either? Instead of muggers, maybe anacondas????

Old 11-24-2014, 06:20 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,545,164 times
Yes, there are homes in Charlotte County and North Port within your price range and criteria. You can use the MLS link to search for properties: Florida Homes for Sale direct from MLS

There won't be many in the city of Punta Gorda that are newer/modern as you want within your price range though. There are sections of Port Charlotte that say Punta Gorda, which only means it has a Punta Gorda mailing address such as Deep Creek and Harbour Heights. Deep Creek has a subdivision name of Punta Gorda Isles Sec 20 and Punta Gorda Isles Sec 23.

Here are some listings 1995 and newer with 2+ bedrooms in Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte up to $140k.
Punta Gorda Home prices-listings.jpg

Old 11-24-2014, 05:42 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,914,037 times
I would suggest you look in the North Port area first. You are going to get more for your money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte