Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 05:41 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcswoop View Post
Thank you all for the great info. We are planning on having a small floor plan, under 2000 square feet including garage and lanai. Our budget is in the 200 k range, not including the lot. My wife loves the beaches so we would like to be in the Gulf Cove area or closer. I'm still on the fence about HOA's. In some of the small towns in NH, the HOA's are out of control. On the other hand, I do appreciate a well kept neighborhood. I'll never understand the junk cars on the front long thing!
again sadly you wont get this in Rotonda

a garage has to be minimum of 425 sq ft...then take out lanai and entry and you are way under the minimum of 1600 sq ft under AIR !!!

for your budget and the beach comment....look at Rotonda Meadows.....

I can hit your target's there ...not in the circle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 05:55 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,401 times
Quote:
Thank you all for the great info. We are planning on having a small floor plan, under 2000 square feet including garage and lanai. Our budget is in the 200 k range, not including the lot. My wife loves the beaches so we would like to be in the Gulf Cove area or closer. I'm still on the fence about HOA's. In some of the small towns in NH, the HOA's are out of control. On the other hand, I do appreciate a well kept neighborhood. I'll never understand the junk cars on the front long thing!
If you build in Rotonda circle, HOA bylaws require you to build 1600 square. ft. under air minimum, if you want more building flexibility look outside the circle. You'll find Rotonda Lakes, Rotonda Meadows, and Rotonda Sands a little cheaper but still near main thoroughfares to beaches and shopping. Google Rotonda West Association, they have a website with bylaws and news of projects and activities, see if it sounds acceptable to you. Definitely wise to heed the advice of those above. Good luck finding your lot.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bluecoupe View Post
Thanks for educating us yanks.

Why is $160 a year wayyyy over budget? Thirteen bucks a month? No comprendo.
you had previously said $115

I was being sarcy (work that one out )

Old 05-30-2015, 06:19 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,553,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
you had previously said $115

I was being sarcy (work that one out )
ah - my bad....
Edit:

I "googled" sarcy and this turned up... (Caveat: Take note that *I* didn't say it! )
Urban Dictionary: sarcy

Old 05-30-2015, 06:30 AM

lol, first one is right...I like the second though

Old 05-30-2015, 07:14 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,272,826 times
Hummmm wife loves the beach.. thats great, but is where you live all that important? I understand not wanting to be a hour away or maybe even 30 minutes awy but on your budget, your going to be a ways away from the beach.. btw IMHO and from what I see and hear the beach is a place you are not going to visit al that often.. A Novelty at first that dies off pretty quickly..
1600 sq ft including Garage and Lanai? Thats a pretty small home.. I think I know where your coming from ? I was at one time thinking around 1200 sq ft. + G. and L.
I wanted to DOWN SIZE! One Floor ! Smaller Home.. Much smaller lot! I was going by a rental we owned back then, a 3bdrm 1.5 bath 2 car and thought that would be ideal.. The wife really want larger than that and I began loooking in the 1800 to 2000.. we settled on just a hair short of 1800 + Garage and Lanai and.... a non-a/c Florida room.. I am now very glad I listened to her advice / desires ..
HOA? We dont have one , so at any moment one of our neighbors could go flipping senile on us and start parking , cars and trucks and rotting boats half full of water and 19 broken down ATV's and other assorted junk and trash in their front yard
Woudnt that SUCK! Though as we read recently C.C. MAY???? Be trying to clean up its image.. we will see how far that goes.. A number of us here have beening tip toeing and tap dancing around it so I will go out on a limb and just say.. there are a lot of ..... at best.... Ignorant crude and rude people down here when it comes to how they live.. Long Story ... I met and was talking with 2 guys
( late 30's ) 3 days ago and I mentioned the New Inforcement Issues.. One was adament about the fact that he would NEVER LIVE Anywhere Where Anyone Could Ever Tell Him what he could park in HIS FRONT YARD! I asked where he lived and I didnt know where that was , so I asked is that in CC and he said YES.. I said then you live somewhere where you cannot park anything in your front YARD already.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
I'm still on the fence about HOA's. In some of the small towns in NH, the HOA's are out of control. On the other hand, I do appreciate a well kept neighborhood. I'll never understand the junk cars on the front long thing!
I would highly recommend that you spend some time in the areas driving around getting a feel for what's what and where. Our thoughts when searching on the web were totally turned around once we got here and did some physical research. We drove around a lot while here for two weeks in January that really changed our focus areas. I was totally against HOAs but after driving around I had a change of heart. They do serve a purpose but you MUST read EVERY LINE in the HOA documents. Some of them are WAY over the edge like - you can't park cars in your driveway, etc. But I sure don't want junk cars, trailers, boats, etc all over the place so it's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing.

I can't stress in person touring enough.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
Woudnt that SUCK! Though as we read recently C.C. MAY???? Be trying to clean up its image.. we will see how far that goes..
Saw that on the local news this morning but the closing comment in the segment was that the County said it didn't have the resources to enforce the currently laws let alone new ones.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:28 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,442,779 times
Honestly, why build when you can buy existing for much less than new construction. Just a fact of life. Lots of available inventory.

Old 05-31-2015, 04:32 AM

C'mon man, are you trying to kill my business ??

a lot of people like new homes as they get..oooo new everything, appliances, updated windows, the latest in tile and kitchens, 10 year warranties.....etc etc........kind of how most people want shiny new cars.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte