Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 06:35 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,003 times

Advertisements

We just returned from Prime Steak (Cochran and Peachtree, South of Veterans).
We had only been there one time before, about a year ago just after they opened.
My wife heard about their summer special and we had to go try it.
Unlimited salad and bread, two entrées with sides, and a dessert to share for $30. (No drink minimum either)
There are quite a few items on the special menu. My wife chose the teriyaki steak kebabs and I had the seared Ahi tuna. Both were more food than we could eat. The quality was excellent and the service great.
This special runs all summer long and I'm sure we will go back at least monthly.

If you know of some other great summer meal specials feel free to share on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 06:43 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
We just returned from Prime Steak (Cochran and Peachtree, South of Veterans).
We had only been there one time before, about a year ago just after they opened.
My wife heard about their summer special and we had to go try it.
Unlimited salad and bread, two entrées with sides, and a dessert to share for $30. (No drink minimum either)
There are quite a few items on the special menu. My wife chose the teriyaki steak kebabs and I had the seared Ahi tuna. Both were more food than we could eat. The quality was excellent and the service great.
This special runs all summer long and I'm sure we will go back at least monthly.

If you know of some other great summer meal specials feel free to share on here.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:43 PM

390 posts, read 608,992 times
Thanks for the info. Still hesitant, but this may be an incentive to have me try Prime Steak again. The last time I was there it was not a good experience.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:38 PM

4,855 posts, read 2,670,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida or Bust.... View Post
Thanks for the info. Still hesitant, but this may be an incentive to have me try Prime Steak again. The last time I was there it was not a good experience.
maybe under new management now?..thanks for the tip MA..will try it out.

Bud

Old 06-07-2015, 08:02 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,272,826 times
Donato's still own it .. Maybe they are getting a better handle on it now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
maybe under new management now?..thanks for the tip MA..will try it out.

Bud

Old 06-08-2015, 06:15 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,553,452 times
Is it Prime Steak or Prime Time Steak? Trying to find a website and "Prime Steak" isn't turning up much...

Old 06-08-2015, 06:29 AM

390 posts, read 608,992 times
I know it as Prime steakhouse. When I do a search to find it, its says Prime serious steak. Weird I didn't know there was a slight name change.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:46 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida or Bust.... View Post
I know it as Prime steakhouse. When I do a search to find it, its says Prime serious steak. Weird I didn't know there was a slight name change.
Its the same place, and I go regularly - every two/three weeks. I have not had a bad meal or bad service, and the management / Ownership is the same. They are the same Owners that own Danato's Italian restaurants near Lowes. On the sticky thread above, I a good tip on what to do here when your NOT a snowbird. This is one of the places that has taken care of me when its been ridiculously busy.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:53 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,003 times
Didn't mean to confuse but yes, the correct name is Prime, Serious Steak.
Didn't realize there was a place nearby with such a similar name.
Doesn't help that they lack their own website. Here's the yelp review:
Prime Serious Steak - Steakhouses - Port Charlotte, FL - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

And here's their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/primeserioussteak

Old 06-08-2015, 08:01 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,553,452 times
Thanks - will have to check it out. And you're right - strange - no website...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte