Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 10:00 AM

47 posts, read 107,036 times

Advertisements

You vote in a 1% sales tax and they'll find a way to spend the money.

Remember, the snow birds are only here 3-6 months out of the year.
We pay the extra tax All Year Long!

That being said, I'd like to see a Vollyball court at the South County Regional Park.
Give the kids not playing baseball something to do besides playing WallBall against the bathroom walls. Two poles and a net somewhere off in the grass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 10:45 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,271,182 times
Yes they are Ed..but I would put money on the table, that they contribute a disproportionate amount to our 1% tax fund. They are ON VACATION and spending money 24/7.. CC Commisioners could have put in a REAL NICE Volley Ball Sand Court and still have enough money left over for their damn boat, just NOT the $101,000.00 they want to spend on one.. Why, for under $2,000.00 they could buy drones and do what they claim they will do with the $100K boat, even better and considering that We The People will have to Gas up and maintain that boat and insure it .. we could have hired a professional drone operator hahaha who would added to our tax base.. CC Needs to Eliminate Career Polititains.. and let that include Small Time Retiree wannabe Polititians.. CC Taxes could easily DOUBLE in the next 10 years because of these Napoleon wannabes and this is I remind you all a 100% Republican County.. The Only mistake they havent made is start a war and rumor is that may happen soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Bundz View Post
You vote in a 1% sales tax and they'll find a way to spend the money.

Remember, the snow birds are only here 3-6 months out of the year.
We pay the extra tax All Year Long!

That being said, I'd like to see a Vollyball court at the South County Regional Park.
Give the kids not playing baseball something to do besides playing WallBall against the bathroom walls. Two poles and a net somewhere off in the grass.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:17 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,439,200 times
There are Republicans (big government/big spend), Democrats running as Republicans, and small-government Republicans. Then there is the 'shhh. Don't bother me, my head is in the sand' folk. They generally don't vote.

Information is important, and that means getting out in front of such as the Sun with its 'keep spending' attitude. Deutch has shown himself to be a bigger-government, more intrusive government commissioner. Duffy has not shown herself to be a strong voice for small government, has the longest tenure. The Board as a group has not taken the Manager and the overall operations of the county to heel, but rather has tended to rubber-stamp the recommendations.

Just because someone has a R behind their name doesn't mean that they stand for limited government,

Old 06-18-2015, 03:40 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,271,182 times
THE TRUTH Of The Matter is , what we are seeing here in CC on a small scale is, that NO POLITICAL PARTY In America stands for, small government.. Its All Talk.. You can tell me all day long, what a great fishermen you are, but until you are putting more fish in the freezer than anyone else.. Your Not A Great Fisherman.. Not In My Books.. For The Love..Its like the Street Guy Dealing 3 Card Monte.. if your listening to his flutter hole BS then your not seeing what he's doing with his hands.. That is why this County is in the mess that its in.
Back On Topic: I have read only a few articles and the entire "linked" face book page and I watch a bunch of Videos.. from just that and my past experience in small town government.. I would concure.. You Have a Major Issue with your " City Manager" ..Deutch ? Hummm well read his resume and do searches on everything position he list and tell me what you find.. ( I did for much of it and it was laughable) Oh BTW One of his degree's was in Community Organization hahaha His small gov. Republican Base MUST have missed that one.. Head in the sand folks, sorry those folks are members of every group.. They are often the ones who WANT to believe what they are being told even if the facts prove otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
There are Republicans (big government/big spend), Democrats running as Republicans, and small-government Republicans. Then there is the 'shhh. Don't bother me, my head is in the sand' folk. They generally don't vote.

Information is important, and that means getting out in front of such as the Sun with its 'keep spending' attitude. Deutch has shown himself to be a bigger-government, more intrusive government commissioner. Duffy has not shown herself to be a strong voice for small government, has the longest tenure. The Board as a group has not taken the Manager and the overall operations of the county to heel, but rather has tended to rubber-stamp the recommendations.

Just because someone has a R behind their name doesn't mean that they stand for limited government,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: