Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 11:35 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,857,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Well after a 19 hour drive with an almost 13 year old shepard I arrived in Punta Gorda at 330am. I get off to a quick start this morning and put on my old boat shoes that were in the closet. I stepped on something in the shoe that didn't feel good. It was a Palmetto bug larger than a silver dollar. Yuck. Next start taken down the frobt door shutters to find a snake that made a nest at the base. Did I mention the 3 wasp nest also.

Now I go to the back sliding door shutters to take them down. A large critter bolts by me as I'm on my hands and knees taken off the wing nuts for the shutters. He had a huge nest behind the shutters. Geckos all over. It's a jungle down here. This city boy is off to a fun day. A six pack on ice at the pool for lunch sounds good. Anyone else have anything to share when they arrived back after being away for months.
Too bad you stepped on that roach. You spoiled a nice lunch for an anole.

(Edited to add emoticon, so people know I was joking!)

Last edited by justNancy; 10-15-2015 at 12:40 AM..

Old 10-15-2015, 12:30 AM

Florida waterways are polluted with pesticides, fertilizer and all the other crap people from up north use to make their lawns green and shield themselves from the natural wildlife that balances the ecosystem. Mother Nature did a fine job of caring for our Earth well before S.C. Johnson & Son.

Of course we need to control mosquitoes and nobody wants to live in a home full of palmetto bugs. But, please..if people are afraid of bugs, snakes, lizard and other critters that have been part of Florida's natural beauty well before gated communities existed, I hope they take the time to read about the state's native flora and fauna instead of killing something that isn't hurting anyone and only benefits the environment. For example, this is from Charlotte County

"Do not kill snakes and other wildlife indiscriminately. Few snakes in Florida are venomous and all are beneficial, by eating animals that people often perceive as pests."

[url=http://www.charlottecountyfl.com/CommunityServices/NaturalResources/indigo.asp]Natural Resources[/url]

Old 10-15-2015, 04:52 AM

493 posts, read 633,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Florida waterways are polluted with pesticides, fertilizer and all the other crap people from up north use to make their lawns green and shield themselves from the natural wildlife that balances the ecosystem.
So only people from up north are doing this to Florida? Sorry everyone.

Old 10-15-2015, 05:00 AM

5,816 posts, read 12,586,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Ray Mark View Post
You beat me to it. I see the welcone mat is out. Another poster rebel on page 1 made a sly remark. I guess when we buy houses we should leave them vacant and just send money to support the schools and govt. and the economy.

Old 10-15-2015, 05:31 AM

222 posts, read 200,311 times
Quote:
I couldn't have said it better myself! I guess us "Northerners" don't know how to take care of our environment!

Old 10-15-2015, 05:59 AM

493 posts, read 633,588 times
Guys, I'm not sure JustNancy really meant it that way being she's a regular contributer to the forum so my comment was meant to be more of a fun poke. Maybe I'm wrong but if I don't have something good to say on this forum I usually keep my mouth shut. Not worth it.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:01 AM

222 posts, read 200,311 times
Florida waterways are polluted with pesticides, fertilizer and all the other crap people from up north use to make their lawns green and shield themselves from the natural wildlife that balances the ecosystem. Mother Nature did a fine job of caring for our Earth well before S.C. Johnson & Son.

I am sure the Florida waterways were polluted long before us "Northerns" came to Florida! As a matter FACT I know some "Red Necks" that don't care how they treat the land, waterways and air that we ALL inhabit!

FYI.....there are ways to treat your lawn and not harm natural wild life with out polluting waterways or kill the environment!

Old 10-15-2015, 12:28 PM

704 posts, read 767,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bluecoupe View Post
Nah - you guys are "OK", it's us GD Yankees that are responsible for everything.

While I understand and agree with the sentiments of that post, the "people from up north" crack was TOTALLY uncalled for. There are one h*77 of a lot of "good ol' boys (and girls)" who are the biggest jerks on the planet.

Idiocy knows no boundaries, or geographic limitations.
What about the Texans? I know we are small in number, but we more than make up for that with attitude!

Old 10-15-2015, 12:31 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,801,413 times
Nah you Texans are safe lol. You weren't named as polluters, just northerners lmao.
Good thing I'm considered Southern Jersey, so I must not be include either ;p

Old 10-15-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
No, of course not. It was a general statement based on numerous posts over the years. I wish people didn't get so defensive on these forums when others are simply trying to offer helpful advice or voice their opinions.

I never meant to attack anyone, but apparently I'm not welcome on this forum. There was absolutely nothing offensive in my post and I didn't even quote anyone. Enjoy your little private club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte