Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 07:04 AM

5,115 posts, read 4,885,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bluecoupe View Post
A-freekin'-men to that! The earths' weather is cyclical. That's how it's been for eons and will continue to be unless a huge meteor or something similar alters the course. ....
Wait! So you're saying that purchasing carbon credits, if heaven forbid it ever comes to that, is a fraudulent scheme? I thought I'd be able to sell some credits earned from planting some papaya and avocado trees and make my millions that way. Oops, never mind...my Port Charlotte house will be underwater from global warming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 08:28 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,259,174 times
There will always be those with agenda's... Thank God for that.... They will always be two sides of every discussion..

Both sides will see, The Emperor in his new cloths.. Its the reason behind the chosen justification that's important..

Old 10-21-2015, 10:56 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,616,571 times
I guess we have to ask a few questions.

Is the planet getting warmer? I think the answer is yes.

Is it caused by Human activity? Who knows

Is it better for the health of people and the planet to not burn fossil fuels. Yes

So what's the problem?

Old 10-21-2015, 11:18 AM

747 posts, read 1,006,547 times
Let me know when the Ark needs to be built, I'll buy home depot and lumber company stock.

Thanks.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:23 AM

2,513 posts, read 1,832,603 times
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Old 10-21-2015, 11:53 AM

Hummm Sky is falling , Building of Arks.. all opinions held by may when problems were touted at ...
Pearl Harbor Naval Complex-Hawaii
Taylor Lumber -Oregon
Industri-plex - Mass.
Helen Kramer Land fill - N.J.
McCormick Baxter - Ca.
Lapari Landfill - N.J.
Washington County Lead District Old Mines and Richwoods—Missouri
Big River Mine Tailings & St. Joe Minerals Corp.—Missouri
Kerr McGee Toxic dump IL.
Love Canal N.Y.
Pacific Gas and Electric - Ca. remember the movie Erin Brockovitch yep lots of people crying pollution and lots of others screaming The Sky is falling and where do we build the Ark. That's just a quick short list. Hey does anybody remember Duke Industries big spill.. but hey whats 82,000 TONS of Coal Ash dumped in a river as LONG as its Not My River

Old 10-21-2015, 12:02 PM

747 posts, read 1,006,547 times
Somehow I don't think there's a causal connection between specific CERCLA violations and rising tides.

Although, Tarpon Springs has the distinction of having a double whammy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
Hummm Sky is falling , Building of Arks.. all opinions held by may when problems were touted at ...
Pearl Harbor Naval Complex-Hawaii
Taylor Lumber -Oregon
Industri-plex - Mass.
Helen Kramer Land fill - N.J.
McCormick Baxter - Ca.
Lapari Landfill - N.J.
Washington County Lead District Old Mines and Richwoods—Missouri
Big River Mine Tailings & St. Joe Minerals Corp.—Missouri
Kerr McGee Toxic dump IL.
Love Canal N.Y.
Pacific Gas and Electric - Ca. remember the movie Erin Brockovitch yep lots of people crying pollution and lots of others screaming The Sky is falling and where do we build the Ark. That's just a quick short list. Hey does anybody remember Duke Industries big spill.. but hey whats 82,000 TONS of Coal Ash dumped in a river as LONG as its Not My River

Old 10-21-2015, 01:35 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,543,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
I guess we have to ask a few questions.

Is the planet getting warmer? I think the answer is yes.

Is it caused by Human activity? Who knows

Is it better for the health of people and the planet to not burn fossil fuels. Yes

So what's the problem?
While I'm sure man's emissions are factoring in, I don't believe it's the root cause. The Earth's climate is cyclical, that's a fact. We're due for another ice age, that's a fact. When? beats me but my issue is people like Gore and companies getting MEGA-Obamas bail-outs/subsidies, et. al. getting stinking rich bloviating about it when until the rest of the world countries agree to put some controls in place, everything the USA even could think about doing, won't do squat even IF the entire problem was emissions.

Old 10-21-2015, 04:44 PM

You do know that TARP was GWB right? ( 50% of Americans think it was Obama ) $40 Billion is uncollectable $13.5 Billion to AIG alone..Solyndra on the other hand was Obamas, and it left us holding about $500 Million.. Now we know why George Kaiser is one of the riches men in the world : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bluecoupe View Post
While I'm sure man's emissions are factoring in, I don't believe it's the root cause. The Earth's climate is cyclical, that's a fact. We're due for another ice age, that's a fact. When? beats me but my issue is people like Gore and companies getting MEGA-Obamas bail-outs/subsidies, et. al. getting stinking rich bloviating about it when until the rest of the world countries agree to put some controls in place, everything the USA even could think about doing, won't do squat even IF the entire problem was emissions.
Humm so you don't think we should lead the way? Maybe we should wait for Mexico or China or Maybe Bangladesh to lead the way? Oh The Iraq Bail Out Cost for $2,000,000,000,000.00 and we got nothing BACK for that either and that "investment" as we were told would be paid back in full.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:41 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,543,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
You do know that TARP was GWB right? ( 50% of Americans think it was Obama ) $40 Billion is uncollectable $13.5 Billion to AIG alone..Solyndra on the other hand was Obamas, and it left us holding about $500 Million.. Now we know why George Kaiser is one of the riches men in the world : )

Humm so you don't think we should lead the way? Maybe we should wait for Mexico or China or Maybe Bangladesh to lead the way? Oh The Iraq Bail Out Cost for $2,000,000,000,000.00 and we got nothing BACK for that either and that "investment" as we were told would be paid back in full.
Yes I know about TARP, I also know what Obama's done to our country. And I never said we should get out of the way; what I SAID was that we can do everything possible and it won't do squat without the rest of the countries buy in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte