Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 02:45 PM

66 posts, read 64,049 times

Advertisements

Well it was 39 this morning in NJ and you would think it was February the way some people were bundled up. Although I did switch to jeans I am still wearing SS shirts. I hope in a few years I don't turn out to be one of thoe Floridians that think anything under 75 is cold.

My countdown should be under 10 weeks. Floor tile and cabinets are in and they are starting the pavers.

Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 02:50 PM

46 posts, read 40,831 times
Thanks to all for the warm greetings. I currently live on lake cumberland in ky. So its obvious I hope to do some fishing!
I am glad it's God's waiting room! If it was anyone elses I'd want those extra years for sure!!
kyjake39
..I met a couple from ky. Back in july..I was with a couple named mike and debbie..Would that have been you?
Last but not least, anyone have a suggestion for a company to maintain my pool?
Thanks

Old 10-19-2015, 02:56 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,553,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky-guy View Post
Thanks to all for the warm greetings. I currently live on lake cumberland in ky. So its obvious I hope to do some fishing!
I am glad it's God's waiting room! If it was anyone elses I'd want those extra years for sure!!
kyjake39
..I met a couple from ky. Back in july..I was with a couple named mike and debbie..Would that have been you?
Thanks
I use Sarasota FL Pool Builder - they do a decent job for $85 a month if you contact Allen on FB - that's all chems of course.
https://www.facebook.com/IndependentPoolInc

I hear Pinch-a-Penny does a good job but no clue what they charge.

Old 10-19-2015, 03:13 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,662 times
Just from the 3 years being here, it now seems like 65 is starting to feel cool.. On the water its even cooler , as well on the Motorcycle.. But we just grab a Wind Breaker.. In 3 years We have used Our Leather MC Jackets I think 3 times and Our Leather Chaps have hung in the closet for 3 years... we need to send the Chaps North
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjereb View Post
Well it was 39 this morning in NJ and you would think it was February the way some people were bundled up. Although I did switch to jeans I am still wearing SS shirts. I hope in a few years I don't turn out to be one of thoe Floridians that think anything under 75 is cold.

My countdown should be under 10 weeks. Floor tile and cabinets are in and they are starting the pavers.

Bill

Old 10-19-2015, 03:15 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
Funny you say that, last I was done I was behind an older gentleman in DD's and he mentioned how I must be from up north with a tank top and shorts while he had a light jacket. He continued to say how lucky he was to move down as he feels it added 10 years to his lifetime. So I guess the waiting room will have to be extended a little

How come when it is cold out, the thermostat set to 70 feels good, but when it is warm out, 78 feels good?

Old 10-19-2015, 03:17 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,964,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjereb View Post
Although I did switch to jeans I am still wearing SS shirts. I hope in a few years I don't turn out to be one of thoe Floridians that think anything under 75

Bill
Ha-ha. In February 2017 you'll be in line at Publix at 9 AM in jeans, sweater and windbreaker. The tourists in front of you will be in shorts and flip-flops. Hint: you can identify the tourists from their pasty, white legs.

Old 10-19-2015, 03:53 PM

252 posts, read 388,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky-guy View Post
kyjake39
Thanks
Don't think it was us you met.My son lives in Somerset.If you are living here all year long you might think about maintaining your pool yourself as it is not as complicated as it might seem.

Old 10-19-2015, 04:57 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,823,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
How come when it is cold out, the thermostat set to 70 feels good, but when it is warm out, 78 feels good?
LMAO Funny you say in Jersey summer I set air at 77 and I'm fine, during heating season 68 is tops. Go figure. I will say though as I get older that 68 may be moving on up

Old 10-19-2015, 09:54 PM

46 posts, read 40,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyjake39 View Post
Don't think it was us you met.My son lives in Somerset.If you are living here all year long you might think about maintaining your pool yourself as it is not as complicated as it might seem.
I am indeed in pulaski co. I plan to split my time 6 months each location. I would move there full time but my wife has a very rare disease and she doesn't want to find new doctors.
starting to cool down here..expect mid it's all wk.

speaking of motorcycles I ride some too. Plan to bring it down. Would be nice to have someone to ride with occasional ly.

that said..I pay 95.00 a month for pool upkeep now. I've been to the house 3 times since I purchased it. Not once has it been where I can use it when I arrived. Had to call company to come clean it. I was told it would be checked every monday...last time I called it went to every other wk. No change in Payment.
Thanks for the recommendation on pool service.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:11 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,444,863 times
ky-guy, look to change your pool out to a salt-water pool. Extremely low maintenance, water is much softer, no chlorine. It will pay for itself in maintenance costs.

I don't know where you are moving to, but just be aware of the on-going movement to put much of PC onto sewer and the costs associated with it. We are in the Spring Lake area, first of the conversions.

Welcome down. Best beaches, Venice and Englewood. Downtown Venice is very nice, great place to visit and eat, with the beach down at the end of Venice Blvd. Our "downtown" we consider Punta Gorda. Again, great galleries, restaurants, always something going on. Finally, visit Fishermans Village if you haven't, and Flounders on Englewood Beach. Always music at Flounders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte