Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 07:48 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,630,654 times

Advertisements

Sorry we hijacked your thread. I think the best aproach would be figure out what size boat you think you think you would be getting and go bigger in case you change your mind in the future and end up with a bigger boat.

As stated above when you are having it installed that is the time to run extra power conduit and water and as I stated above if there is no power to the lift its hard to take a boat that is 6 feet in the air.

Gary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 05:44 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
Anti theft = Turn the breaker off when you com back in.

Gary
Does your breaker kill all power to the entire dock or just the lift? The way mine is currently wired it kills all power. That doesn't work well if you place the boat's batteries on charge; thieves still have access to an energized lift. Whenever I get a new lift, I'd like to run two circuits; one specifically for the lift and a second for an outlet at the dock.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:36 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,630,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Does your breaker kill all power to the entire dock or just the lift? The way mine is currently wired it kills all power. That doesn't work well if you place the boat's batteries on charge; thieves still have access to an energized lift. Whenever I get a new lift, I'd like to run two circuits; one specifically for the lift and a second for an outlet at the dock.
I have separate breakers for both the lift and the outlets on my dock.

Gary

Old 02-19-2016, 06:43 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,001,502 times
By code the lift should be on a separate circuit (of course if it's an old system that wouldn't be the case). Most lifts now are wired 220 anyway (the motors last a LOT longer vs wiring them 110)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte