Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 07:06 AM

222 posts, read 202,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Amazon and Lobel's from NY deliver here. But there are places that won't deliver here because of the temperatures down here.... :-(

Very interesting, buying meat off the internet. I don't know if I could do that. Lol. I need to see it in person to know if it's good piece of meat. But I guess I could try it once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 07:17 AM

704 posts, read 771,659 times
Robin, I told you about Papa's but there is another meat market/butcher in Venice. I haven't tried it yet but it's named Herman's. Herman's has a much larger selection than Papa's, can't vouch for the quality but they do get really good reviews. Venice has a pretty good size Italian population so they might have the items you are looking for around the holidays.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:20 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,553,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinNYC View Post
Very interesting, buying meat off the internet. I don't know if I could do that. Lol. I need to see it in person to know if it's good piece of meat. But I guess I could try it once.
I'm with ya there. But I was given a Omaha Steaks gift cert so obviously I used it. The meats were very good but dang - the price per pound was outrageous.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:24 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,823,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gal View Post
Robin, I told you about Papa's but there is another meat market/butcher in Venice. I haven't tried it yet but it's named Herman's. Herman's has a much larger selection than Papa's, can't vouch for the quality but they do get really good reviews. Venice has a pretty good size Italian population so they might have the items you are looking for around the holidays.
Salli where is Papa's? I will ask my wife's cousin about Herman's he lives in Venice as well maybe he has been there

Old 11-21-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
Salli where is Papa's? I will ask my wife's cousin about Herman's he lives in Venice as well maybe he has been there
Papa's is on Venice Ave. on the island. I can definitely vouch for the chicken and the beef tenderloin. Not a large selection but what they have is good quality.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Papa's is on Venice Ave. on the island. I can definitely vouch for the chicken and the beef tenderloin. Not a large selection but what they have is good quality.
TY

Old 11-21-2015, 07:52 AM

222 posts, read 202,117 times
Quote:
Thanks Salli, when I go down in January I will look at both of those places. On our recent trip to PGI I went to publix and the meat there is not that great. I bought a porterhouse steak for my husband. I came home seasoned the way I do here in NY and threw it on the grill. My husbands face was priceless, he didn't care for it! He asked where I got it from and strongly suggested that I don't buy porterhouse steak from there again. Lol. We have gotten very spoiled living here in NY. I told him that he better get use to it because Florida doesn't have what we have here. I have a SIL who lives in Naples and she has a GREAT butcher, so if I can't find a good butcher in or around PGI, then I will make a weekly trip to Naples. I am retired I have all the time in the world!

Old 11-21-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinNYC View Post
Thanks Salli, when I go down in January I will look at both of those places. On our recent trip to PGI I went to publix and the meat there is not that great. I bought a porterhouse steak for my husband. I came home seasoned the way I do here in NY and threw it on the grill. My husbands face was priceless, he didn't care for it! He asked where I got it from and strongly suggested that I don't buy porterhouse steak from there again. Lol. We have gotten very spoiled living here in NY. I told him that he better get use to it because Florida doesn't have what we have here. I have a SIL who lives in Naples and she has a GREAT butcher, so if I can't find a good butcher in or around PGI, then I will make a weekly trip to Naples. I am retired I have all the time in the world!
It's interesting getting accustomed to new territory. I think your husband will be happy with Papa's beef. We were impressed with the beef tenderloin we got. One thing I do is keep a cooler in my car since grocery shopping seems to be at least a half day affair.

I've only been to the publix on 41 and Jacaranda, but my husband told me the others he has been in aren't as good.

Also, I don't know if you are a fan of Trader Joe's but there is a nice one in Sarasota that is easy to get to.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:22 AM

Meat, deli, and prepared food store | Herman's Meat and Deli LLC

Old 11-21-2015, 08:32 AM

Piccolo Italian Market & Deli | Sarasota, FL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte