Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 08:54 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,888,406 times

Advertisements

You could pull it over to our property. Apparently you can park a boat there with no problems. Does anybody know why my "We have a squatter" thread was closed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 09:02 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,823,257 times
I was wondering myself. Didn't see anything wrong with it.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:03 AM

According to the neighbor, who just texted me, it's now in "the swell". That means the ditch, between the street and my property, right?

Old 11-30-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
According to the neighbor, who just texted me, it's now in "the swell". That means the ditch, between the street and my property, right?
Yes the swale

Old 11-30-2015, 09:42 AM

Thanks. I guess the neighbor can't spell. Or it was due to auto-correct.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I guess the neighbor can't spell. Or it was due to auto-correct.
Lol dam auto correct. I fight with it all the time

Old 11-30-2015, 10:26 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,662 times
Hummm that raises the question? Its now on County property will it be easier or harder to get it removed?
Quote:

Old 11-30-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
Hummm that raises the question? Its now on County property will it be easier or harder to get it removed?
Great question! Wish I knew the answer! How long do you suppose the city (PC) will let it sit there? Do you think I should call someone, maybe the police again, and notify them that it's still there? Or should I wait for the neighbors to get annoyed enough to do so?

Old 11-30-2015, 12:14 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,662 times
Sad to say and some will argue that its not sad at all , but we Have No City.. Its all Unincorporated County.. When laws zoning codes and rules are lenient and work For You... its GREAT! Hummm when its against what you think is common sense ? Not so great.. As I have seen it work, without help, there by complaints by neighbors this could take awhile.. Common sense said... Cop shows up ask is this your lot? can I see ID to verify your address or the county tows it. Humm No Good MOVE IT NOW! I am not going to get into why it doesn't work this way... But PGI has HOA and it wont fly over there.. It looked like they tried to enforce laws on the books here last Spring and they changed their minds and that was no doubt because either a few vocal or a lot of vocal residents said we like what it is.. What IT IS is fine until what you are dealing with is what they are dealing with.. Believe me, I was Just Kidding ...about towing it to CCSO Parking lot because THAT IS Against The Law.. See The Pattern?

Quote:
Great question! Wish I knew the answer! How long do you suppose the city (PC) will let it sit there? Do you think I should call someone, maybe the police again, and notify them that it's still there? Or should I wait for the neighbors to get annoyed enough to do so?

Old 12-01-2015, 08:54 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
Sad to say and some will argue that its not sad at all , but we Have No City.. Its all Unincorporated County.. When laws zoning codes and rules are lenient and work For You... its GREAT! Hummm when its against what you think is common sense ? Not so great.. As I have seen it work, without help, there by complaints by neighbors this could take awhile.. Common sense said... Cop shows up ask is this your lot? can I see ID to verify your address or the county tows it. Humm No Good MOVE IT NOW! I am not going to get into why it doesn't work this way... But PGI has HOA and it wont fly over there.. It looked like they tried to enforce laws on the books here last Spring and they changed their minds and that was no doubt because either a few vocal or a lot of vocal residents said we like what it is.. What IT IS is fine until what you are dealing with is what they are dealing with.. Believe me, I was Just Kidding ...about towing it to CCSO Parking lot because THAT IS Against The Law.. See The Pattern?
Close (and I don't know if it makes a difference, but) PGI does not have HOA. The city and the Isles are incorporated though, and there are code and jurisdictional regulations that govern, and you are not allowed to have boats and trailers, and business trucks on your property, beyond the time limits outlined. If there was an HOA we would have dues that we'd have to pay to them, and that is not the case - as a matter of clarification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte