Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 08:46 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,839,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
Cindyroos - are you actively looking to buy a home now in the area? Just curious, is your budget around ours? We have researched for 2 years now, and still feel we have many questions haha. We will be down in 17 days(yes, counting down) to see homes and hopefully find the right one.
Hi Icemodeled!
We have been researching for a few years now as well. We have been looking at homes for sale on Trulia and Zillow for all of that time also. (Apparently we love to torture ourselves! LOL)
We know what type of home we want (Mediterranean style). Our budget would be 300,000 to 400,000 and we want a pool for sure. We are not against finding land to build if we can't find one that we really love that is already to go
We will be in Ft Myers Beach towards the end of May and plan to drive to the North Port, PG and PC area to see how it is
I'm so happy to see other people like us fulfilling their dream of moving to the Sunshine State! That's awesome! Congrats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 08:55 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,444,863 times
CindyRoos, look on realtor.com. Better info than Zillow as their Zestimates are sometimes very wrong, and often not accurate as to offerings. There are ones on realtor that are not in Zillow (listing agent didn't allow the home to be on Zillow).

At $300-400K you should do very well.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
CindyRoos, look on realtor.com. Better info than Zillow as their Zestimates are sometimes very wrong, and often not accurate as to offerings. There are ones on realtor that are not in Zillow (listing agent didn't allow the home to be on Zillow).

At $300-400K you should do very well.
Thank you Restrain! I will look into that as well!
Your advice is appreciated very much

Old 03-31-2016, 10:54 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,691,622 times
Anyone have advice for punta Gorda, "bad" areas? Are the more rural areas to the east and north not as good/safe? We would avoid anything near or around the airport but otherwise, not sure if there's undesirable areas or not. One home we like that just came up is on Washington st in harbor heights. Any opinions of that area?

Thanks again nphomeowner!

Cindyroos - haha yes it is like torture to see homes you love and cannot move yet! We know the feeling. Even now, about 2 weeks from our 'ready to offer' date, we are hoping certain homes will still be available by end of April! Also, agree that realtor site is better updated and it's always our go to. I hope you will like the area when you visit and be able to make the move! Thanks so much and I hope to hear updates from you when/if you end up buying in the future

Old 03-31-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Anyone have advice for punta Gorda, "bad" areas? Are the more rural areas to the east and north not as good/safe? We would avoid anything near or around the airport but otherwise, not sure if there's undesirable areas or not. One home we like that just came up is on Washington st in harbor heights. Any opinions of that area?

Thanks again nphomeowner!

Cindyroos - haha yes it is like torture to see homes you love and cannot move yet! We know the feeling. Even now, about 2 weeks from our 'ready to offer' date, we are hoping certain homes will still be available by end of April! Also, agree that realtor site is better updated and it's always our go to. I hope you will like the area when you visit and be able to make the move! Thanks so much and I hope to hear updates from you when/if you end up buying in the future
I sure will keep checking this site and will be updating periodically for sure!
Let us know how you are doing too and how it is all going once you get to Florida ok?

Old 04-01-2016, 10:52 AM

I thought of another question I looked up but couldn't find exactly what I'm wanting. How do you know which flood zone classifications are better/worse? I know flood zone X means no flood zone but what's the difference between AE, B ect. Are they levels of how likely flooding could happen? I wouldn't want to buy in an area that is very prone to flooding(easily, I mean) wasn't sure if those classifications would tell me that or not.

What are some of the best sites to use when looking for crime maps? I have seen one on here with red being bad and green being best areas but can not find a link to the site used. I have used neighborhood scout and spot crime sites. Any others? Is contacting the police department truly beneficial, will they be willing to take the time to say if a certain area or street has lower or higher crime?

There's a couple houses we may look at when down next month, in golf cove(believe this is a HOA), harbor heights and north port estates(it's just north of i75). Anyone live/have lived or have any comments on those areas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
I sure will keep checking this site and will be updating periodically for sure!
Let us know how you are doing too and how it is all going once you get to Florida ok?
I absolutely will

Old 04-01-2016, 11:24 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Quote:
I thought of another question I looked up but couldn't find exactly what I'm wanting. How do you know which flood zone classifications are better/worse? I know flood zone X means no flood zone but what's the difference between AE, B ect. ......
Have you checked out the gov's Floodsmart.gov site? That may help some.

Old 04-02-2016, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Have you checked out the gov's Floodsmart.gov site? That may help some.
I havent and thanks ill look at it now!

Old 05-03-2016, 11:37 AM

I have heard about a better place to search for up to date homes for sale in Florida:

myfloridahomesmsl.com

Old 05-03-2016, 12:34 PM

78 posts, read 110,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
I have heard about a better place to search for up to date homes for sale in Florida:

myfloridahomesmsl.com
Probably supposed to read mls rather than msl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte