Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 02:04 PM

493 posts, read 636,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
In Florida everything is public and available online at either the State, County or Court web sites......everything!
Gary, what I can't find out about you on line I can find in the minutes of the Del Boca Vista Phase III association meetings. BTW a house in my neighborhood that was listed for $329 and then $319 just sold for $310 so the property was either overpriced or the market has cooled off a bit. When the market is real hot alot of properties go for list or very close to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 02:22 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,630,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Ray Mark View Post
Gary, what I can't find out about you on line I can find in the minutes of the Del Boca Vista Phase III association meetings. BTW a house in my neighborhood that was listed for $329 and then $319 just sold for $310 so the property was either overpriced or the market has cooled off a bit. When the market is real hot alot of properties go for list or very close to it.
I looked at the pictures of that house and the exterior maintenance was lacking and although the interior has some upgrades their choices of flooring and counter tops IMHO are going to drag the price down.

Gary

Old 03-29-2016, 02:53 PM

493 posts, read 636,839 times
Quote:
I looked at the pictures of that house and the exterior maintenance was lacking and although the interior has some upgrades their choices of flooring and counter tops IMHO are going to drag the price down.

Gary
I don't know much about the real estate values in PGI but I would guess the asking price was a bit high on that one. It did look nice inside but as you said the exterior needed work. Even if you put some time and money into it that house just doesn't have any curb appeal.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:00 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
Quote:
In Florida everything is public and available online at either the State, County or Court web sites......everything!

Wow I'd better watch my P's and Q's, and wear dark glasses, if I decide to buy there.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Wow I'd better watch my P's and Q's, and wear dark glasses, if I decide to buy there.
Yup any dealing you have with a any government agency in FL is public record and is online almost instantly

Gary

Last edited by MartyGras; 03-29-2016 at 08:04 PM..

Old 03-30-2016, 06:50 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,001,502 times
If priced RIGHT, they still go quickly. But what's "priced right" mean? Well, it's not getting a CMA from a professional for, say, $350,000 and deciding you want to list for $450k. It will sit.
I do think the market has stabilized and SOME sellers are willing to negotiate on price somewhat.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:54 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,001,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Yes, I understand that and am also very savvy at research. Usually though, recorded deeds, mortgages, deeds of trust etc. require a person to actually go to the county courthouse or recorder of deeds office and look up the public information if needed (that bad). Sale prices of homes are listed on Realtor dot com for Realtors and appraisers' convenience; but not other personal information -- at least in my experience. I could care less what amount a buyer/seller has for a mortgage(s).
All of the legal docs are available in your own home, on the county clerk site. No need to ever go to the county building.
Also, we don't use the web site you mentioned to see sales prices. In fact, I've never even been on that site. We use the MLS for ALL data, which is where all those 3rd party sites pull their info from.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
All of the legal docs are available in your own home, on the county clerk site. No need to ever go to the county building.
Also, we don't use the web site you mentioned to see sales prices. In fact, I've never even been on that site. We use the MLS for ALL data, which is where all those 3rd party sites pull their info from.

Yes, I'm well aware of the MLS, and that Realtor dot com is the official website of the National Assoc. of Realtors. Zillow feeds from the Realtor dot com.

Do the county websites also have the probate court records online?

Old 03-30-2016, 08:22 AM

What would you like to know?..

Charlotte County - Clerk of Courts

Gary

Old 03-30-2016, 08:44 AM

Thanks,Gary, will bookmark it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: