Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 08:57 AM

378 posts, read 629,236 times

Advertisements

Story yesterday in the Sarasota Herald Tribune and I am wondering if the local NP/PC area is experiencing the same slower growth in sales.
Any of the realtors like to comment?
Fewer distressed sales, more inventory | HeraldTribune.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 09:57 AM

207 posts, read 217,789 times
I've noticed more inventory here in PGI with longer sales cycles than last year this time. Things seem to be slowing a bit but I am not a realtor.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:22 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
It would seem that prices will have to come down; some are totally ridiculous even based on what they sold for within the past 15 months or so. Some may call it a sellers' market -- I'm going to call it an "opportunists' market". Investors are selling, and serious sellers because of death, family situations, returning to their home states, etc. will have to lower their prices. As always, several will sit on the market and Realtors will work to convince the sellers they need price reductions in order to sell before summer. There are well-qualified buyers who are not willing to overpay for a place that sold for $95K last year and now asking $130K. I've been looking around for a condo priced right for year 'round living, in certain areas. (Yes, I have an excellent Realtor and several friends in the area.)

Old 03-28-2016, 03:55 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,443,856 times
Prices rose significantly (12-15%) last year but appear to have stabilized a bit. That being said, a home in great condition will till command a higher price. No decline that we can see.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:17 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
It would seem that prices will have to come down; some are totally ridiculous even based on what they sold for within the past 15 months or so. Some may call it a sellers' market -- I'm going to call it an "opportunists' market". Investors are selling, and serious sellers because of death, family situations, returning to their home states, etc. will have to lower their prices. As always, several will sit on the market and Realtors will work to convince the sellers they need price reductions in order to sell before summer. There are well-qualified buyers who are not willing to overpay for a place that sold for $95K last year and now asking $130K. I've been looking around for a condo priced right for year 'round living, in certain areas. (Yes, I have an excellent Realtor and several friends in the area.)
I just read the paper with the list of sales for the last week reported in the Charlotte Sun. Many people come in and pay cash for properties. I see 6 sales over 500K reported and 4 were cash in PGI area. Lots of people with cash from around the world buying in swfl.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I just read the paper with the list of sales for the last week reported in the Charlotte Sun. Many people come in and pay cash for properties. I see 6 sales over 500K reported and 4 were cash in PGI area. Lots of people with cash from around the world buying in swfl.
Are you saying that the Charlotte Sun reveals whether a buyer paid cash or took a mortgage? Seems like a privacy issue and illegal.

That being said, yes, I know many people who pay cash for homes, first and second homes. With mortgage rates around 3.8% there are conflicting opinions whether you should pay cash or not in the jumbo price ranges. Of course, if some folks like to brag about putting out all that cash, let them have at it. I'm not impressed.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:02 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
Wow,who said they were bragging and who cares what someone does. Not me. Good for them. And yes they list what address and what the asking price was and what they paid and how it was purchased. Why would that be illegal? It's public record.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:20 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,630,654 times
Everything is a public record..give me your name or address and you would be shocked what I can find out.

I'm just happy I was young before all of this sh&7 was on computers.

Gary

Old 03-29-2016, 11:31 AM

Yes, I understand that and am also very savvy at research. Usually though, recorded deeds, mortgages, deeds of trust etc. require a person to actually go to the county courthouse or recorder of deeds office and look up the public information if needed (that bad). Sale prices of homes are listed on Realtor dot com for Realtors and appraisers' convenience; but not other personal information -- at least in my experience. I could care less what amount a buyer/seller has for a mortgage(s).

Old 03-29-2016, 11:50 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,630,654 times
In Florida everything is public and available online at either the State, County or Court web sites......everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Yes, I understand that and am also very savvy at research. Usually though, recorded deeds, mortgages, deeds of trust etc. require a person to actually go to the county courthouse or recorder of deeds office and look up the public information if needed (that bad). Sale prices of homes are listed on Realtor dot com for Realtors and appraisers' convenience; but not other personal information -- at least in my experience. I could care less what amount a buyer/seller has for a mortgage(s).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: