Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 07:03 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times

Advertisements

I would DIE if I saw an iguana anywhere in my house. I have panic attacks just from geckos!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 07:18 PM

4,861 posts, read 2,672,101 times
throw an alligator up in the attic for a day or two.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:15 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,759,960 times
How are they getting into your attic? What do you have on the gable ends of your roof - louvres ?

When you see them outside basking, could you climb up to the gable end and nail or staple some metal screening over the end to keep them from getting back in ?

Old 05-20-2016, 11:13 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,026,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
How are they getting into your attic? What do you have on the gable ends of your roof - louvres ?

When you see them outside basking, could you climb up to the gable end and nail or staple some metal screening over the end to keep them from getting back in ?
It's a hip roof...? Not sure if that is the right term, but there are no gable ends. They busted through the ends of the ridge vent. Not sure how the big 4 foot momma squeezes through, but she does.

They are cute, pretty, and exotic.....and I'd rather not kill them.....BUT everything I read and hear tells me to kill them. I was really hoping my post would outrage some bleeding heart liberal enough to come get them and let them live in their attic....

Old 05-20-2016, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
throw an alligator up in the attic for a day or two.
I like the way you think....but the damn thing would probably fall through the drywall ceiling...what a buzzkill that would be! Raccoons on the other hand....hmmmmm

Old 05-21-2016, 12:24 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,759,960 times
Perhaps they are up there through the cooler months of the year for warmth and to raise babies.

As it starts to get really hot up in the attic they will probably leave. Just watch them to see when they move out. You're going to have to get up there to fix your ridge vent eventually and figure out a way to securely screen it so they can't get back in.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Perhaps they are up there through the cooler months of the year for warmth and to raise babies.

As it starts to get really hot up in the attic they will probably leave. Just watch them to see when they move out. You're going to have to get up there to fix your ridge vent eventually and figure out a way to securely screen it so they can't get back in.
They have been up there for 5 years or more.... Cool at first....annoying now. They love the heat up there.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:22 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,933 times
Hold it a second, aren't iguanas plant eaters? Unless you have a jungle in the attic, they have to come out to eat, don't they? Maybe give this site a try: home - Iguana Trap

Old 05-21-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Hold it a second, aren't iguanas plant eaters? Unless you have a jungle in the attic, they have to come out to eat, don't they? Maybe give this site a try: home - Iguana Trap

Thanks snow. The very first paragraph on that site is my dilemma:

"This site is about capturing iguanas. Once you catch them, they become your problem! You cannot release them. Your local Animal Control department will not likely take them off your hands. You can euthanize them but it must be done in a humane way recognized by the State."

So....I can just shoot them off the roof or I have to kill them while in a cage......I'll take the more sporting option

Old 05-22-2016, 06:31 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
It's a hip roof...? Not sure if that is the right term, but there are no gable ends. They busted through the ends of the ridge vent. Not sure how the big 4 foot momma squeezes through, but she does.

They are cute, pretty, and exotic.....and I'd rather not kill them.....BUT everything I read and hear tells me to kill them. I was really hoping my post would outrage some bleeding heart liberal enough to come get them and let them live in their attic....
Hahaha LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte