Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 06:38 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
We've had Direct TV for about a year..It goes out every time it rains, and it's been raining a lot lately. Usually for about 5 or 10 minutes at a time. I'll call 'em and see about a bigger dish. I'm sure it's an extra charge, but what really pisses me off is those constant little charges that creeping the bill up every month. $139.82 last month, and now $145.01 this month. The reason I got rid of Century link TV and went with satellite was because of cost, Now the dish is just as expensive as Century link was when we stopped. for example---regional sports fee---$3.63---and i don't even have any sports packages. I think everybody pays it whether they want to or not. But we do use Century link for internet. Bastids all of 'em. lol
Yes they all suck. You have to lie and play them against one another for deals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 01:35 PM

90 posts, read 130,488 times
We have had Direct T.V. (since 1998) and it came with us when we moved down here from Ohio 3 years ago.
It doesn't work whenever there's a storm, ESPECIALLY, if you want to WATCH the storm coming.
Also, I started with Centurylink, a contract, paying 73.00 a month for 10 mps..(dumb me)

So, the other day, I got fed up with Direct t.v. and called comcast to inquire regarding their Xfinity program.
I will NOW have 75 mps, internet and Xfinity cable t.v. with over 225 stations for 109.99 a month. With added tax and rental it is a 2 year contract for approximately $150.00 a month.
I get it installed Sept. 12th, and cannot wait.

10 mps! Makes me so mad how they ripped us off!

It's called Xfinity doubleplay.

Hope this helps.........

Old 09-06-2016, 01:46 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,630,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselips13 View Post
We have had Direct T.V. (since 1998) and it came with us when we moved down here from Ohio 3 years ago.
It doesn't work whenever there's a storm, ESPECIALLY, if you want to WATCH the storm coming.
Also, I started with Centurylink, a contract, paying 73.00 a month for 10 mps..(dumb me)

So, the other day, I got fed up with Direct t.v. and called comcast to inquire regarding their Xfinity program.
I will NOW have 75 mps, internet and Xfinity cable t.v. with over 225 stations for 109.99 a month. With added tax and rental it is a 2 year contract for approximately $150.00 a month.

Hope this helps.........
I have Comcast Internet $50.00 per month
Netflix $10.00 per month
Amazon Prime $. 6.25 per month
HD Antenna local free
VPN for streaming from other countries free
For $66.50 total per month I get everything, and I mean everything.

Old 09-06-2016, 03:09 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times
Our Comcrap kept going up and up after the initial "Introductory Rate" to the point where we dropped cable TV and just have phone and internet through them. Even with that we're paying $100/mo.
We did splurge and buy an HD antenna but truth be told, reception isn't any better than when I had two wires twisted around an old metal AC register vent that I propped up against one of the attic trusses.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:10 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,725 times
35 mins and counting waiting for DirectTV customer service. They suck as well

Old 09-08-2016, 09:07 AM

139 posts, read 129,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselips13 View Post

Hope this helps.........
From one Ohio expatriate to another,we are looking to switch from Direct T.V. and Century Link to just X-finity internet and use an indoor antenna and an Amazon fire stick for a few programs.Our bill with Direct T.V. keeps going up and our bill for C/L will go up this month because the one year package deal will be up.We also are paying 49.99 for 8 mbs before taxes.Never get auto pay because they charge what they want and be prepared to spend a couple of hours on the phone with "Theresa" from India,LOL, to try and rectify a bill that NEVER gets rectified.All this being said,the service is rock solid steady but we never signed up for the package that says your bill will go up monthly.
I googled X-Finity of Port Charlotte and now I have to decide if I want to deal with "Theresa" of India or no one at Comcast.Out of 78 reviews,not too many are happy with customer service and many said they would give them negative reviews but you have to "award" one star to be able to post.....Good Luck....Go Tribe.....The Browns well..............

Old 09-08-2016, 09:14 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
Default spend a couple of hours on the phone with "Theresa" from India

Her brother "John" from India works for Comcast. Spoke to him last night for an hour trying to install 2 new xfinity boxes.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:36 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
I've had Comcast for 5 years now (in two different homes). I really don't have much complaints. In both homes I had to call them due to signal issues once. Each time that were out within two days. Both times it was a bad splitter in the attic. I only lost internet of any significant time once that I recall. There automated phone system apparently has caller ID and so I got an automated response that they were aware of an outage in my area.

I run two computers, two smart TV's and an IP phone hard wired to the router and one Ipad wireless. About the only issue I have had with xfinity is on occasion a recorded show will throw an error on play back. Restarting the playback and fast forwarding to that spot fixes it.

When I lived in Virginia I had direct TV and the local cable for internet. Now that was a nightmare. For the first year I constantly had internet issues which took about 6 service visits before they finally fixed it. In the summer time storms would often roll in at around 8pm and I would loose satellite for any where from 15 minutes to an hour. Based on that experience I was not going to try satellite here where there are way more storms.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:39 AM

180 posts, read 277,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
I have Comcast Internet $50.00 per month
Netflix $10.00 per month
Amazon Prime $. 6.25 per month
HD Antenna local free
VPN for streaming from other countries free
For $66.50 total per month I get everything, and I mean everything.
Can you get sports games from anywhere with that setup? I'm from WI and want to keep up with my WI teams, both college and pro. Football, baseball and basketball.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:03 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,630,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinewi View Post
Can you get sports games from anywhere with that setup? I'm from WI and want to keep up with my WI teams, both college and pro. Football, baseball and basketball.
I'm only interested in the NFL and I have never missed a game.

Gary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte