Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 07:07 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daFrogMan View Post
Morn, you may want to take another look on the I 10 west to 75. I go I 10 (after the loop of 295 west at J-ville) but only for a few miles and then pick up 301 South. Drops you just north of Ocala on 75. Never ran 10 all the way west to 75. Seems like you go really far west.

Also, to get around DC I go 495 vs 295 that the GPS takes me. Avoids a lot of traffic close to DC.

BTW, again 301 is full of speed traps. ...
I did the 301 route once. LOTS of speed traps through little towns. My preference is to just set the cruise control and go; that's why I prefer I-10 to I-75 S. Maybe someday I'll actually try 301 again and time it so I can compare it to my usual route.

Safe Travels!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 10:13 AM

700 posts, read 1,818,969 times
MikMal, don't know when you came through last but the Waldo PD was disbanded. The other towns still are going strong through. Lawtey PD sits about 1/2 mile south bound on the right once entering the city limits. I always smile as I go by cause I'm on Cruise Control!

Florida speed trap town disbands police department

Old 12-24-2016, 11:47 AM

37 posts, read 37,013 times
Thanks on the 10 to 75 ride will redo.. But not now gotta get ready for Santa..🌲

Old 12-25-2016, 08:57 PM

112 posts, read 184,537 times
I avoid I10 altogether, I get off of 95 at exit 373 onto 200 (w) towards Callahan. It picks up 301 in Callahan and is a nice new 2 lane each way divided highway. I believe the average speed limit is 60 or 65 with none of sudden 35 areas. Never been much traffic on it whenever I've used it.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:48 AM

37 posts, read 37,013 times
Default Another road trip, with a truck this time

Hi all, happy new year... I started this thread at the holiday, and wanted to update and ask for further opinion from the veteran drivers. 1st trip was fine, me and you and a dog name Boo had a great time. Left Boston late PM, and had no issues with the big cities. Some area were Very confusing, but the GPS was great. Gotta say the Wyvern in downtown PG was very comfortable .. Our room was ringside to the mex resturant and the bands that play there were great... Would have loved to join them, but did not want to leave Boo in the room alone.
Stayed on all major routes, and although many said to go across Fla from either rt 4. Or. 302. I went the long way 10 to 75...
Now it's moving time, and I do plan on visiting AAA, driving a truck this time, and the route I took now changes, the only area I'm familiar with is the Conn area, and this time I can't take the Merrit Pkwy, gotta go from 91 to 95. Not sure what happens next, "Driving a truck" I do not have any propane nor towing anything, but concerned about restrictions that alter or inhibite my travel. Once away from the chaos area, it's 95 to 10 to 75... I like the major routes, and cruise control, I don't like the speed trap areas of some of the quicker travel suggestions.
Hey thanks for your help...BTW. 28 degrees here in Boston , ⛄️
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte