Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 02:25 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,887,077 times

Advertisements

Jealous!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 02:54 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
We made it!

Old 05-09-2017, 03:05 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,838,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
LOL, many years ago, Mr & Mrs Cool visited and stayed in our empty home for a few days before we even moved in. My rather large rolly-polly neighbor (not the previously mentioned fishing guide), not knowing who these people were, apparently "introduced himself" to them with a baseball bat. He was being a good neighbor and keeping an eye on the place. I had sent him an email letting him know folks would be staying there, but he never saw it. It was all good. No heads rolled
Opppppppppppps LOLOLOL

Old 05-09-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
We were a bit surprised to say the least!!
I bet! I could just picture it......Yikes!!

Old 05-09-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
We made it!
Nice!! Congrats!!

Old 06-20-2017, 01:05 PM

306 posts, read 391,061 times
Default Back to bringing it down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pau Hana Daz View Post
What part of SGC are you building in? The salinity goes down the further you are from the lock and the far southern end is pretty much fresh. I live in the northern (sailboat) end and while I do flush the outboard on my flats boat, that's mainly because it's easy due to a QD fitting. I don't think I've seen anybody else on our waterway flush theirs, and the inboard diesel on our sailboat never gets flushed. Just hose off the entire boat after use and don't worry about it. I think you'll be just fine as is without adding the possible failure point of an I/O flushing system.

As far as life expectancy, yes, using in salt will reduce the lifespan, but as a previous poster mentioned, the sun is probably going to have a greater effect.

Bottom line: Bring your boat, use it here and then after figuring out what you like to do and where you like/want to go you can make a better decision and get the boat that fits your new life best. I've seen quite a few people down here buy a boat as soon as they get their waterfront home then later realize that it fits what they thought they were going to do rather than what they actually do.

Daz
It's funny, I've gone back and forth on this so many times, bring it, sell it?!

Now, I'm again planning to bring it. At least then, I'll have a boat on day one! Then, like you say, I can tool around a bit and determine what boat I want next. Who knows, maybe I'll keep this one and get another!

So, I measured the boating distance from our lot to the lock, almost exactly 5.0 miles. That being the case, I would imagine our water isn't that "salty", which is good for my boat.

I recently replaced/packed the bearings and was happy to see, the old ones were in great shape. The grease was pretty grey/thin, but all else looked good. So, probably by November, I'll trailer it down there, taking 2-3 days and taking my time.

House will be done by then, we're not planning to fully re-locate until Jan. of next year. But, I'm done winterizing boats!

Old 06-20-2017, 03:58 PM

5 posts, read 3,898 times
Default To Bring or Not To Bring....

So, did you try to sell your boat? I found that well-maintained older Wellcraft boats seem to be in demand. Plus, check out the boats on Ft. Myers-SW FL Craigslist! Lots to choose from-- I'll be like a kid in a candy store!

I do notice that the I/O boats seem to stay on the market longer and tend to be somewhat lower priced down there- again, something to consider if you decide to get rid of it once you're in PC.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:02 PM

Default Not yet....

No, I didn't try to sell it yet, as I'm taking an annual/last boys golfing and boating trip this weekend.

I may go ahead and put it on the market and see how it goes. If I get a lot of nibbles and not crazy low-ballers, maybe I'll sell it anyway.

I agree about being a kid in a candy store down there, soooooo many choices! I've been doing a ton of looking/drooling at the boats and it's killing me!

This is what I mean, tough to decide. Maybe I'll go back to plan A, or was it B? Try to sell for a fair price, if it doesn't sell, take it.

I have been saving money for my next boat already soooo......

Old 06-20-2017, 05:30 PM
CTC

668 posts, read 1,466,519 times
look around at other Craig lists locations too. We bought our CC out of Lakeland. Very clean boat, never seen salt, low hours stored in garage etc.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:34 PM

Default Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTC View Post
look around at other Craig lists locations too. We bought our CC out of Lakeland. Very clean boat, never seen salt, low hours stored in garage etc.
Thanks and yup! Heck, been looking everywhere in FL and even up into GA, AL, SC....

But mainly, Florida. Lots of choices for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte