Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 12:26 PM

306 posts, read 391,160 times

Advertisements

Well, it ain't much but, the dirt has been added and compacted, just waiting on compaction test.

Had a nice 4 day visit over the weekend. If you saw a red Dodge Charger lurking in the area, that was us!
Attached Thumbnails
Moving to PC, bringing my I/O boat, decisions, decisions.-emptylot.jpg   Moving to PC, bringing my I/O boat, decisions, decisions.-lotwith-us.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 01:13 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRich View Post
Well, it ain't much but, the dirt has been added and compacted, just waiting on compaction test.

Had a nice 4 day visit over the weekend. If you saw a red Dodge Charger lurking in the area, that was us!

Old 07-05-2017, 01:55 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,001,502 times
Quote:
I recently replaced/packed the bearings and was happy to see, the old ones were in great shape. The grease was pretty grey/thin, but all else looked good.
If it's a painted steel trailer, DON'T put it in saltwater! No matter how well you rinse it afterwards, it will be a rusty mess in no time. If it is steel, you'll want to sell it up there and get an aluminum trailer to bring the boat down. There's no resale market here for a steel trailer.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:05 PM

Makes sense, thanks! I'm back to putting it on the market up here, ESPECIALLY, after being there this past weekend and seeing all the CC's and other fine boats.

That and the vast expanse of water to explore there, I just don't trust my 22 year old lake boat for that.

It does have me rethinking the type of boat I want and will need. I was thinking of a deeper V CC, not a bay boat. However, looking at all that water and the river, maybe a Bay is the way to go, initially.

I get the feeling that 90% of my boating/fishing would be in the harbor, with the occasional jaunt offshore, in calm seas.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:11 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,001,502 times
Bay boat is almost perfect for all areas around here. River, harbor, offshore (calm, under 2ft seas). Many like the smoother ride of a deeper V, but they are heavier and draft more. My #1 dealbreaker when buying boats (and I've bought a LOT of boats) is the bow flare. More flare=dryer ride. Gotta deflect that water, especially if you have guests sitting in front

Old 07-05-2017, 03:36 PM

Default Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
Bay boat is almost perfect for all areas around here. River, harbor, offshore (calm, under 2ft seas). Many like the smoother ride of a deeper V, but they are heavier and draft more. My #1 dealbreaker when buying boats (and I've bought a LOT of boats) is the bow flare. More flare=dryer ride. Gotta deflect that water, especially if you have guests sitting in front
Great points HH. I've definitely been looking at boats with a big bow flare for just that reason, Sea Fox, Key West etc...

I have noticed the Bay boats are usually cheaper. I dunno, still prospecting...

Old 07-05-2017, 04:10 PM

190 posts, read 259,143 times
Can't believe we missed you guys while you were here. Oh well, at least now I have a pic and know who to look (out) for...

Old 07-05-2017, 05:19 PM

Default Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pau Hana Daz View Post
Can't believe we missed you guys while you were here. Oh well, at least now I have a pic and know who to look (out) for...
We ended up being busier than expected, oddly enough. Next time!

Old 07-06-2017, 12:08 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,839,146 times
Quote:

Nice!! How exciting for you both

Old 07-06-2017, 01:20 PM

531 posts, read 1,161,843 times
Looking good, Sgt.Rich and better half!!! You have to start some place! Our in-laws just moved in their new place on July 5th!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte