Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 11:32 AM

182 posts, read 238,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotbowels View Post
Got to terminal at 5:10am for a 7am flight. 2 people ahead of me. TSA pre check open. Was having coffee at 5:15am
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
Safe travels!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 07:01 PM

700 posts, read 1,807,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
Allegiant fly out of Philly...

Allentown, PA. Frontier does fly out of Philly.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:57 PM

42 posts, read 145,556 times
My experience with Allegiant has been hit & miss. They DO NOT communicate if there is a problem. We had a flight out of St. Pete that they knew would be delayed several hours, we finally pestered the right person long enough to get the truth & left the airport for a couple hours, returning closer to flight departure. Flight out of PGD was cancelled all together until a couple days later. (They did this in several cities over the summer). If I had a destination that required me to be there ON TIME I would probably not fly Allegiant, but overall, you get what you pay for. I believe the reason they ask you to arrive so early is that I have seen them fly out EARLY if all passengers are accounted for (but I wonder if they would leave a few behind if they cut it too close). Bring a snack-St. Pete is a small airport & they ran out of food the day our flight was severely delayed, Punta Gorda is small as well. I felt bad for the parents traveling with small children.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:59 PM

3,179 posts, read 5,961,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotbowels View Post
Appreciate reply. How early before flight did you get there? Is there enough long term parking close by? Thanks again Dorothy.
We fly Allegiant 7-8x per year, PGD and PIE. We arrive 1hr prior and that is always more than enough time, especially if you print your boarding pass at home (or have it on your phone) so you don't have to go to the desk (if you have to check luggage you still have to go to the desk). You can go straight to security, then you're all set. PGD is a very small airport. 2-3 minute walk from parking to the entrance.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:22 PM

26 posts, read 41,879 times
Wish Allegiant / Frontier would switch to Fort Myers Airport.

The flight times from and to Trenton for Allegiant / Frontier are God awful. :-\

Old 01-24-2017, 07:25 PM

182 posts, read 238,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJResident1987 View Post

The flight times from and to Trenton for Allegiant / Frontier are God awful. :-\
Not me... I want Allegiant to stay at PGD. I will be using Alligiant more often from now on for personal and biz travel. As a backup if biz travel needs don't align with Allegiant flight schedules I will shoot down to RSW.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:07 PM

26 posts, read 41,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobobuzz View Post
Not me... I want Allegiant to stay at PGD. I will be using Alligiant more often from now on for personal and biz travel. As a backup if biz travel needs don't align with Allegiant flight schedules I will shoot down to RSW.
I'll be sticking with United from now on.

Chase United Card + United = free checked bags.

Allegiant / Frontier was good for friends who stayed for a short bit.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:11 PM

5,816 posts, read 12,576,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJResident1987 View Post

I just flew Frontier from Trenton to Punta Gorda. 54 bucks and I picked my seat. Left 6AM arrived 827AM. 30 minutes early. John Skies for a crab omelet breakfast before 9 and we had the rest of the day. Love the times.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:22 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,796,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I just flew Frontier from Trenton to Punta Gorda. 54 bucks and I picked my seat. Left 6AM arrived 827AM. 30 minutes early. John Skies for a crab omelet breakfast before 9 and we had the rest of the day. Love the times.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:16 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,613,036 times
One bonus of both Allegiant and Frontier adding all of these flights from the NJ/Philly area is that the airfairs this winter seem to be decidedly lower this year than last.

I wish Spirit would move to Punta Gorda......

Gary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte