Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 01:01 AM

25 posts, read 69,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
I couldn't agree more about the spread sheet!! LOL I have been researching on this forum and other sources so long that I start to forget what I have learned!! So, I started a binder and printed the info I needed and then organized it. (It's a sickness really.....LOLOLOLOL)
Good luck in your search! It is an exciting time isn't it
We hope to leave Wisconsin in the next 2 years or less
It definitely is exciting!! I cannot wait to get back down there! In fact, I even mapped out a route of cities to visit from the Tampa Airport in my spreadsheet. You're right, it is a sickness! Lol! I'm not sure how the weather in Wisconsin has been for the last couple of days, but here in PA it's been rainy non-stop and in the 40s for the highs and 30s in the lows. That's just sickening to have temps that low this time of year (it's almost the middle of May for goodness sake!) and it's always dreary! I'm sure the weather there is similar or maybe even colder... All I know is I'm certainly ready to go, I've had enough of PA weather and taxes! Pretty soon they'll have a tax to breathe PA air. Lol! Best of luck to you as well!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 10:25 AM

306 posts, read 390,800 times
Default Us too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFL17 View Post
It definitely is exciting!! I cannot wait to get back down there! In fact, I even mapped out a route of cities to visit from the Tampa Airport in my spreadsheet. You're right, it is a sickness! Lol! I'm not sure how the weather in Wisconsin has been for the last couple of days, but here in PA it's been rainy non-stop and in the 40s for the highs and 30s in the lows. That's just sickening to have temps that low this time of year (it's almost the middle of May for goodness sake!) and it's always dreary! I'm sure the weather there is similar or maybe even colder... All I know is I'm certainly ready to go, I've had enough of PA weather and taxes! Pretty soon they'll have a tax to breathe PA air. Lol! Best of luck to you as well!!
Too funny, sounds like our situation here in Illinois! Crappy weather last couple of weeks, it's rainy and cold again today.

Like PA, taxes are high here and they tax everything and still the state is broke and going downhill fast. This time next year, we'll be in our new house in FL!

Old 05-09-2017, 01:32 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,837,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFL17 View Post
I just said today to my co-workers "OMG, we never get enough sunny days...I'm sick of this!"
It has been in the high 40's and rainy too. April was a record 3 more inches of rain then in the past.
We even had freezing warnings as of yesterday. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I just pray we stay healthy enough to see retirement in Florida. I need Sunshine!!!! LOL

Old 05-09-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRich View Post
Too funny, sounds like our situation here in Illinois! Crappy weather last couple of weeks, it's rainy and cold again today.

Like PA, taxes are high here and they tax everything and still the state is broke and going downhill fast. This time next year, we'll be in our new house in FL!
Oh, that's right, you and your wife are building a new house in Florida! Good for you and getting closer right?

Old 05-09-2017, 01:56 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,885,374 times
Sounds like a "Former Midwesterners" City-Data meet up will be in order!!

Old 05-09-2017, 02:18 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,146,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post

next start date now April 2018 Jill !!!!

Old 05-09-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:

You got that right sister! LOLOL

Old 05-09-2017, 03:38 PM

3,179 posts, read 5,998,184 times
Quote:
Haven't done that in a LONG time. Nobody showed up to the last one (or only a couple)

Old 05-09-2017, 04:42 PM

81 posts, read 97,479 times
south of Chicago here born and raised here, I have worked my entire career in the outdoors, freezing my arse off, my wife and I bought a house in punta gorda 3 years ago, we started the count down at 5 years until we move down for good, have 2 more years, arrggggggggggggggg we know how everybody is feeling up here, very bad spring rain rain and more rain and temps in the 30s yuck

Old 05-09-2017, 04:56 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imapalmnut64 View Post
south of Chicago here born and raised here, I have worked my entire career in the outdoors, freezing my arse off, my wife and I bought a house in punta gorda 3 years ago, we started the count down at 5 years until we move down for good, have 2 more years, arrggggggggggggggg we know how everybody is feeling up here, very bad spring rain rain and more rain and temps in the 30s yuck
We too started a 5 year countdown, we are down to 4 months
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte