Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 03:01 PM

202 posts, read 227,344 times

Advertisements

I've eaten there. I have nothing good to say about it. Poorly managed for sure. The building could be very nice, the location is fabulous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 07:43 AM

1 posts, read 836 times
Food and service are absolutely terrible! Too bad because it's a beautiful place.

Old 06-02-2017, 01:26 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,440,025 times
Just a note, the Sunset Grill posted a bunch of old equipment and stuff for sale on a local 'for sale ' forum. Bad PR idea to post old, roughly used kitchen equipment for sale on a public forum after getting closed for health reasons.

Old 06-02-2017, 04:58 PM

4,848 posts, read 2,665,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
Just a note, the Sunset Grill posted a bunch of old equipment and stuff for sale on a local 'for sale ' forum. Bad PR idea to post old, roughly used kitchen equipment for sale on a public forum after getting closed for health reasons.
link?..I wanna ask if the roaches are extra..lol..

Old 06-02-2017, 05:17 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachNJ View Post
Food and service are absolutely terrible! Too bad because it's a beautiful place.
I wonder how these places stay open. Unless it's because tourist who have never ate there before don't know about it and if the service and food are terrible.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:41 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
link?..i wanna ask if the roaches are extra..lol..
:d:d

Old 06-05-2017, 12:04 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,136 times
CALL JON TAFFER!!

Old 06-06-2017, 08:15 AM

531 posts, read 1,161,446 times
Default Glad to hear we're not the only ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachNJ View Post
Glad to hear that we're not the only ones who think the service is terrible at this place!! We had to wait over 2 hours for a table, with LOTS of empty tables available, no place to sit and wait, and two of our party, one with a cane, and one on crutches, really needed to sit! They ended up sitting on a low wall over by the bar...........terrible! THEN....when we actually GOT our table, the server told us it would be another HOUR to get our food! The food was passable, but the prices were not cheap!!! We loved the views, and....HOPING that the service gets better as time goes on?? I've hesitated to say anything on here, because the reviews (until now) have been so high! We thought that maybe it was just "us" who had a problem?

Old 06-06-2017, 08:49 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen and Jim View Post
Glad to hear that we're not the only ones who think the service is terrible at this place!! We had to wait over 2 hours for a table, with LOTS of empty tables available, no place to sit and wait, and two of our party, one with a cane, and one on crutches, really needed to sit! They ended up sitting on a low wall over by the bar...........terrible! THEN....when we actually GOT our table, the server told us it would be another HOUR to get our food! The food was passable, but the prices were not cheap!!! We loved the views, and....HOPING that the service gets better as time goes on?? I've hesitated to say anything on here, because the reviews (until now) have been so high! We thought that maybe it was just "us" who had a problem?
I can't picture anyone giving that place a high review unless it was for location only. Food and service are horrible although I have heard good things about a bartender there if you sit at the bar only. Whenever I heard a positive review I had to wonder where else these people ate

Old 06-06-2017, 02:01 PM

9 posts, read 22,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
Edgewater Dr. being closed for so long killed their business. Portofino's was very smart to sell to them when they did. Ya can't hire a great cook when there are no customers. The place is probably a good buy right now .
Portofino's didn't sell to the present owner. ... It's the same guy. He just changed names, and not much else. This is at least the 4th restaurant in Port Charlotte that he has driven into the ground because of his ineptness. He has tried to manage his place himself, and , well you see the result. I hope it does not open again with the same owner. The guy doesn't know how to run a business, much less a restaurant. Have you seen the third floor? Who would want to have a dinner in that garish setting? This is Florida, not a mob hangout in Jersey. This place, under both names, has not had an improvement (upgrade or remodel) in the years that I have been here. There is soooo much potential there, but the present owner is incapable of cashing in on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte