Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 06:43 AM

82 posts, read 90,795 times

Advertisements

Everything above is good advice. But you need a distribution amplifier ; not a splitter.
A splitter introduces way too much signal loss. On a 6 way spliiter, you will lose 90% of the signal to each TV.
One in and 6 out means you are getting 16% of the signal to each port plus cable loss.

https://www.amazon.com/Channel-Maste.../dp/B002M1EPL0

This is a powered amplifier so you'll need a 110v outlet close to where all your room cables terminate.
I used all 8 ports with cable runs to 8 rooms. Rooms with no TV have a 75ohm terminator cap.
If you don't have 8 runs, then terminate the unused ports on the amplifier.

Do purchase the Klien compression tool. Crimping does not make a good connection.
Also no need to tighten connections with a wrench. Hand tight should be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 03:08 PM

306 posts, read 390,750 times
Default Bingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrancour View Post
Everything above is good advice. But you need a distribution amplifier ; not a splitter.
A splitter introduces way too much signal loss. On a 6 way spliiter, you will lose 90% of the signal to each TV.
One in and 6 out means you are getting 16% of the signal to each port plus cable loss.

https://www.amazon.com/Channel-Maste.../dp/B002M1EPL0

This is a powered amplifier so you'll need a 110v outlet close to where all your room cables terminate.
I used all 8 ports with cable runs to 8 rooms. Rooms with no TV have a 75ohm terminator cap.
If you don't have 8 runs, then terminate the unused ports on the amplifier.

Do purchase the Klien compression tool. Crimping does not make a good connection.
Also no need to tighten connections with a wrench. Hand tight should be fine.
Then, I done good!

Yes, I have the Klien compression tool, it worked great.

I just installed the exact dist. amplifier you mentioned and voila, problems solved! All TVs now get 20+ channels in great quality.

Man I love the internet sometimes!

Thanks for the tips, great advice for me and others.

Old 09-25-2018, 03:11 PM

Default We're finally done!

OK, it's been over a year since this journey started with HD.

This thread has been the good, bad and the ugly. I tried refraining from opinions and just stated the facts on the ground, so to speak.

Finally got our last hurricane panels for the lanai, 5 months after moving in. So, we're officially done, no more need to ping HD on a daily and/or weekly basis, thanks goodness.

All in all, we LOVE our house, the construction, the look, the functionality, the options included.

I did NOT love the process, there were many things handled quite poorly, which you probably know if you've read this far.

As always, feel free to PM me if you have specific questions or wanna stop by. We're still "moving in", but we're getting there. Where did so many boxes come from!

Take care everyone.

Semper Fi,

Sgt Rich

Old 09-26-2018, 06:02 AM

82 posts, read 90,795 times
Congratulations !

Now you can change your City-Data location from Grayslake, IL to Port Charlotte, FL !

Old 09-26-2018, 11:51 AM

Default Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrancour View Post
Congratulations !

Now you can change your City-Data location from Grayslake, IL to Port Charlotte, FL !
Thanks! I didn't even realize that, changed.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:20 PM

4 posts, read 3,081 times
Default HD Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRich View Post
OK, it's been over a year since this journey started with HD.

This thread has been the good, bad and the ugly. I tried refraining from opinions and just stated the facts on the ground, so to speak.

Finally got our last hurricane panels for the lanai, 5 months after moving in. So, we're officially done, no more need to ping HD on a daily and/or weekly basis, thanks goodness.

All in all, we LOVE our house, the construction, the look, the functionality, the options included.

I did NOT love the process, there were many things handled quite poorly, which you probably know if you've read this far.

As always, feel free to PM me if you have specific questions or wanna stop by. We're still "moving in", but we're getting there. Where did so many boxes come from!

Take care everyone.

Semper Fi,

Sgt Rich
Hello Sgt Rich! Congratulations on your new home! We are in the process of building w HD also. (I sent a PM months ago). We have question for you. Did you get to select the brand of AC unit HD installed? We did not and inquired. My husband was not happy w the brand but I would imagine it’s too late to do a change order.

Thanks for your help and hope all is well w you!
DogLoverPC

Old 10-02-2018, 12:24 PM

Red face Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLoverPC View Post
Hello Sgt Rich! Congratulations on your new home! We are in the process of building w HD also. (I sent a PM months ago). We have question for you. Did you get to select the brand of AC unit HD installed? We did not and inquired. My husband was not happy w the brand but I would imagine it’s too late to do a change order.

Thanks for your help and hope all is well w you!
DogLoverPC
Hi DogLover,

Nope, we didn't get to pick ours, didn't ask though.

Whereabouts are you building?

Good luck!

Old 10-03-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Hi DogLover,

Nope, we didn't get to pick ours, didn't ask though.

Whereabouts are you building?

Good luck!
We are building in nw Port Charlotte one block south of Hillsborough Rd. We needed a double lot for a big fenced backyard - our two labs need room to run! Plus it’s close to US 41, so we could get to Broward dog beach quickly! (Of course, red tide needs to clear up before that can happen). Do you mind telling me what brand AC they installed? My husband is just curious!
Thanks
DogLoverPC

Old 10-04-2018, 10:52 AM

Default Amana

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLoverPC View Post
We are building in nw Port Charlotte one block south of Hillsborough Rd. We needed a double lot for a big fenced backyard - our two labs need room to run! Plus it’s close to US 41, so we could get to Broward dog beach quickly! (Of course, red tide needs to clear up before that can happen). Do you mind telling me what brand AC they installed? My husband is just curious!
Thanks
DogLoverPC
Hi again,

No problem, it's an Amana. Good luck!

Old 10-04-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Hi again,

No problem, it's an Amana. Good luck!
That’s a great brand from what we have researched. We were getting one with many bad reviews. We are upgrading to Amana or Rheem - directly with the air conditioning company.

Thanks for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte