Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 06:11 PM

10 posts, read 23,559 times

Advertisements

I haven’t heard anyone mention Harden Dukes is out of business. Many of his homes are unfinished in South Gulf Cove. Does anyone know what the customer can do since thousands of dollars have been invested but no home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 06:40 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benfranklin50 View Post
I haven’t heard anyone mention Harden Dukes is out of business. Many of his homes are unfinished in South Gulf Cove. Does anyone know what the customer can do since thousands of dollars have been invested but no home!
Are you one of the customers?

Old 12-02-2018, 12:31 AM

102 posts, read 104,482 times
Quote:
What happened to them? If they have homes under construction they should have cash flow coming in unless they overextended themselves or someone was spending money when they shouldn't have.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:49 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,074 times
Quote:

be careful, technically they MAY not be out of business, there are so many rumors flying around.

They have been called before the licensing board this coming week.

Many clients are very unhappy, the sarge can elaborate

blb078
Quote:
Originally Posted by benfranklin50
What happened to them? If they have homes under construction they should have cash flow coming in unless they overextended themselves or someone was spending money when they shouldn't have.

you may have hit the nail on the head late on (allegedly)

Old 12-02-2018, 07:04 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,304 times
https://www.yoursun.com/charlotte/ne...a75ee827e.html

Old 12-02-2018, 07:25 AM

4,857 posts, read 2,670,979 times
hang the bastids..

Old 12-02-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
Wow that's crazy and sad to hear for the homeowners. Hopefully they get some justice out of the investigations but often times situations like this the customer is the one who is still screwed even after a lawsuit. We never looked at them and went with DM Dean, everything I researched they seem to be pretty good. Just about to start on the stem wall for our home.

Brian

Old 12-03-2018, 02:48 PM

306 posts, read 391,061 times
Default HD Update

Yes, there are a LOT of shenanigans going on with HD, may very well be criminal.

I've helped to organize a bunch of owners that have been wronged, they are filing with CCSO; DBPR, AG and States Attorney.

FYI, NBC Channel two interviewed several families at a recent HD Home owners gathering, story tonight at 6pm on TV, or on their live-stream at:

NBC-2.COM/live-stream

We're so lucky to have our house completed, eventually, albeit with serious issues at times.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:03 PM

306 posts, read 391,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blb078 View Post
Wow that's crazy and sad to hear for the homeowners. Hopefully they get some justice out of the investigations but often times situations like this the customer is the one who is still screwed even after a lawsuit. We never looked at them and went with DM Dean, everything I researched they seem to be pretty good. Just about to start on the stem wall for our home.

Brian
I've watched several DM Dean homes being built in the neighborhood. They keep a clean site, workers are there every day, they get the job done quickly.

You did well to pick them.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRich View Post
I've watched several DM Dean homes being built in the neighborhood. They keep a clean site, workers are there every day, they get the job done quickly.

You did well to pick them.
That's good to know, they seemed pretty good and legit when I researched and questioned the sales rep. It seems they have a decent amount of homes under construction too. From what I can tell they seem to have the best bang for buck offer, not the cheapest or most expensive but do a good job overall.

Hopefully the HD situation is taken care of though, that just sux to hear when it effects people's livelihood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte