Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 02:57 PM

1,066 posts, read 766,523 times

Advertisements

Beautiful kitchen, love the architectural detail. How exciting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 06:12 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times
long day, still moving. Passed all bar one inspection , so we are all good.

To answer some questions, yes there is a TV going over the fridge that can be watched from the breakfast bar.
No wine fridge , but there will be a custom wine rack .
and yes the pantry is a walk in room, just the entry door to do, again not standard.

Pool is just awaiting pebble tec and water next Tuesday.
Roll down hurricane shutter is installed (sorry Sarge) and pool cage with viewing window over the lake is done.
Attached Thumbnails
New home is coming along too (or 2)-img_4159.jpg   New home is coming along too (or 2)-img_4162.jpg  

Old 06-07-2018, 06:14 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times
Top two pics are from inside with the 24 x 10 slider and the pool and lake

the one below has the shutter half way up and shows the amount of sun it screens.
Attached Thumbnails
New home is coming along too (or 2)-img_4160.jpg  

Old 06-08-2018, 09:50 AM

1,333 posts, read 2,200,722 times
Nice view! No dock for a boat or the lake is just for drainage?

Old 06-08-2018, 11:27 AM

31 posts, read 38,071 times
Very Nice! I really like how the pool cage does not have vertical supports. It really enhances the view. Does the screen stay tight without the supports?

Curious, what body of water is that?

Looks Great!

Old 06-08-2018, 12:45 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,839,506 times
Very Nice!!!

Old 06-11-2018, 01:04 PM

306 posts, read 391,230 times
Default Looking great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
Roll down hurricane shutter is installed (sorry Sarge) and pool cage with viewing window over the lake is done.
Congrats and ouch! I'm told, end of month, uggh.

We thought about doing the large viewing window like that, but was concerned the dogs would possibly barge through it to bark at something. In hindsight, I think that was a mistake...

Old 06-11-2018, 03:56 PM

493 posts, read 636,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRich View Post
Congrats and ouch! I'm told, end of month, uggh.

We thought about doing the large viewing window like that, but was concerned the dogs would possibly barge through it to bark at something. In hindsight, I think that was a mistake...
The large viewing windows also known as clear view cages are very nice. However, I had one installed on my new pool and was told the maximum span was 40' so that's what I bought. After it was up I noticed a deflection in the beam of about 1 1/2" and they didn't even have the screen in yet. I knew the screen tension would make it worse so I talked to my cage guy about it and he said that yes, the screen would make it worse and that it was normal for them to deflect that much. If I left it that way it would drive me nuts so I had them add a mid span support so now I have two 20' openings. Since then I noticed others as I cruise the canals that have a noticeable deflection including Pete's pictured above. I'm still very happy with mine but I wish someone would have warned me. Maybe most people don't care or don't see it. Still a nice option to add and would recommend it. Mark

Old 06-11-2018, 05:57 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,823,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Ray Mark View Post
The large viewing windows also known as clear view cages are very nice. However, I had one installed on my new pool and was told the maximum span was 40' so that's what I bought. After it was up I noticed a deflection in the beam of about 1 1/2" and they didn't even have the screen in yet. I knew the screen tension would make it worse so I talked to my cage guy about it and he said that yes, the screen would make it worse and that it was normal for them to deflect that much. If I left it that way it would drive me nuts so I had them add a mid span support so now I have two 20' openings. Since then I noticed others as I cruise the canals that have a noticeable deflection including Pete's pictured above. I'm still very happy with mine but I wish someone would have warned me. Maybe most people don't care or don't see it. Still a nice option to add and would recommend it. Mark
Mark if you had talked to Colin @ Fulton he would have talked you out of it as he did me. We were so looking forward to it until he mentioned the cons. Quite honestly we barely notice the horizontal supports looking at the canal. I do see many new pools going up with them though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte