Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 05:03 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,951 times

Advertisements

Hello members- I'm thinking of moving my family to the area. My wife is looking at working for Bayfront Health. I am looking for opinions about the hospital. I am interested in the Deep Creek area for homes. I have 2 kids- a 14 yr old and 16. Are the schools decent in that district? Please let me know your thoughts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 12:16 PM

700 posts, read 1,818,969 times
I use GlassDoor for seeking new opportunities. I've been steered clear from more than one (not in the health field)
Take a peek.
Luck!
Oh concerning Charlotte County Schools, not that impressed when I worked there (tech field, not a teacher but support staff). Left in 2013 to go back to the state I'm from and back to my old district for 3 years. Came back down in '16 so I don't know how it is now. Did work at Deep Creek Elem. Staff was nice. Some teachers cared, some not as much. This was a couple years ago so...... Hopefully you'll hear more from others with more experience. Heard the district in NorthPort is much better in the Sarasota district. Unfortunately they never hired me

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Ba...ews-E21717.htm

Old 01-07-2019, 04:19 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,001,502 times
My wife took a $15,000 sign-on bonus from Bayfront when we moved here in '09. Biggest mistake of her career. Worst 2yrs of her life. The day after her 2yr commitment was up, she was gone. But, that was 10yrs ago, so maybe they've changed???

Old 02-08-2019, 04:57 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,963,780 times
Stay away...far, far away. Sarasota Memorial, Sarasota Doctor’s or Gulf Coast Medical Center in Ft Myers are real hospitals with above average standards of nursing care.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:50 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,725 times
Bayfront does not have the best reviews, Fawcett is a little better but as said Sarasota is by far superior and not a long drive from Deep Creek.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:44 AM

98 posts, read 96,731 times
Im wondering if many or most Doctors in PG/PC/Englewood area have privileges at Sarasota Memorial and/or Sarasota Doctors? I guess that’s something to research when relocating and finding a new doctor.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:29 PM

139 posts, read 129,275 times
Bay Front is not a real hospital,very substandard care.Speaking from experience.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:59 PM

4,790 posts, read 10,611,895 times
I must be in the very lucky/very small group of people that had an excellent 'hospital time' at Bayfront in Venice...

Having been in a hospital as a patient for only a day/night in my 71 1/2 yrs on the planet, I am not exactly MrHospital in terms of experience, but my week there a year ago offered very good care.

The House Doc was attentive and interested, (I was stricken by a very rare immune system neurological disease, Transverse Myelitis), the nursing staff was in my very limited experience, first class, the food was order what you wanted from a hotel like room service menu, and everyone that I came into contact with in that week were professional, caring and 'there for me', including my DX'ng Neurologist who had actually seen several TM cases in her career.

Everyone's MMV, but my time there was not what I had expected in a hospital situ, having had very little experience in that situ.
GL, mD

Old 02-10-2019, 05:54 AM

230 posts, read 407,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotEnufGarage View Post
Im wondering if many or most Doctors in PG/PC/Englewood area have privileges at Sarasota Memorial and/or Sarasota Doctors? I guess that’s something to research when relocating and finding a new doctor.
You would have to check with your doctor on that. Most here that I know of "Millennium" only have privileges at Bay Front PC/PG and Fawcett.

There may be other Millennium doctors that have privileges at Sarasota and Ft. Myers but they would be local to those areas.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:57 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyOgre View Post
You would have to check with your doctor on that. Most here that I know of "Millennium" only have privileges at Bay Front PC/PG and Fawcett.

There may be other Millennium doctors that have privileges at Sarasota and Ft. Myers but they would be local to those areas.
This should tell you something, my PC is part of Millenium, when I told him I am having back surgery he told me not to go to a local hospital. I told him I was going to Sarasota he said great choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte