Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 03:56 PM

3,179 posts, read 5,960,226 times

Advertisements

I personally would never recommend buying on ANY busy road, even though 99.8% of time would be spent in the backyard. The price discount won't make up for the 2yrs it might take to sell it when that time comes. Remember, location location location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2020, 09:54 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,766,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havana Brown View Post
Is it 2 lanes each side now to become 4 lanes each side in the future?
Wouldnt 4 lanes each way be overkill for. Road to nowhere basicly

Old 02-04-2020, 05:09 PM

1,046 posts, read 750,825 times
We were just on that road last week, taking our visiting daughter out to a restaurant in the area. We were talking about living along there; there was lots of traffic and more crowded than we realized it would be... and how noisy it must be (during season, currently).

Then I just saw this thread today.

Up to you. Some people do not mind living close to a busy highway, but I think many more do mind. If/when you try to sell down the road you will definitely get some pain in that process.

When we were overwhelming our realtor with lists of homes we were interested in (long distance) the first and foremost thing we wanted him to avoid was living on any road 'with lines painted on it.'

Good luck on your hunt.

Old 02-05-2020, 07:02 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,109,695 times
Just to clarify

Gasparilla is now ,from 776 down to Rotonda, 4 lanes (2+2)
that's where all the accidents are happening.

it then goes down to 2 (1+1) but allegedly will be extended down to the Boca entrance to 4 "at some time"

Old 02-06-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
When we were overwhelming our realtor with lists of homes we were interested in (long distance) the first and foremost thing we wanted him to avoid was living on any road 'with lines painted on it.'
You were absolutely not overwhelming, haha. I think you guys did quite well with the location in PGI

Old 02-06-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
You were absolutely not overwhelming, haha. I think you guys did quite well with the location in PGI
Dunno Jerrid. I think you must have been pretty sick of my "lists" by the time it was all over and done with.

Yeah, we like the place, ya did good. No lines on the road either.

Hey maybe you can answer a few questions for me, will message you...

Old 02-06-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Dunno Jerrid. I think you must have been pretty sick of my "lists" by the time it was all over and done with.

Yeah, we like the place, ya did good. No lines on the road either.

Hey maybe you can answer a few questions for me, will message you...
Not at all! Need to get together sometime! Mr and Mrs Cool on here are pretty "cool" people too. Maybe a meetup like we used to do is in order.

Old 02-06-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Not at all! Need to get together sometime! Mr and Mrs Cool on here are pretty "cool" people too. Maybe a meetup like we used to do is in order.
We've only been here, what... about a year and a half now? So many people have come and gone from our neighborhood. We were only the new kids for a few months. Revolving door around here...

Old 02-07-2020, 02:07 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,857,586 times
Quote:
Thanks Jerrid!! We're up for a meet up, if we can find a mutual free date! We've got a LOT of company coming in the next couple of months. I guess that's what happens when your Wisconsin friends get tired of the weather.

Old 02-08-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
We've only been here, what... about a year and a half now? So many people have come and gone from our neighborhood. We were only the new kids for a few months. Revolving door around here...
Yeah, that's pretty common everywhere. Florida in general has a lot of turnover. Family/Grandkids and/or health issues force some back up north. Then there's downsizing when they realize they don't need that 3,000sqft 4 bedroom home (becuase the kids & grandkids don't keep coming year after year like they think they will), or becuase the maint just becomes too much. Or they come down and get a small 2BR vacation home, then decide they want to be here full time and need to get something larger for year-round living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte