Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2021, 01:15 PM

71 posts, read 109,643 times

Advertisements

Need a lawn service that's not afraid of giant oak trees and blowing or raking all those leaves in addition to maintaining a lawn. Does anyone have recommendations for Port Charlotte?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2021, 04:52 PM

1,152 posts, read 618,688 times
Can you tell us more specifically about exactly where you're talking about?

Old 03-20-2021, 03:19 PM

73 posts, read 119,193 times
I think I will write in more detail on a new thread, but I've been looking for an opportunity to bring up the subject of FFL; Florida Friendly Landscaping. I'm mentioning this to you for your consideration as an alternative to the commonplace lawn and landscaping, requiring constant maintenance and irrigation.

I encourage you to look at the Florida Native Plant Society and the outreach work they're doing. Not only does FFL preserve our precious water resources (35% of Florida's natural spring water is used to maintain non-native grass lawns), but native plants also nurture a healthy biosphere. Some nurseries specialize in native plants, a few right in the area. The Florida Association of Native Nurseries (FANN) has additional resources. The University of Florida, via its extension services, has a plethora of information to learn more.

Besides becoming a good steward to a healthier Florida, the other upside is in the long run; you'll save money.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:19 PM

3,135 posts, read 2,260,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOWOP2020 View Post
Need a lawn service that's not afraid of giant oak trees and blowing or raking all those leaves in addition to maintaining a lawn. Does anyone have recommendations for Port Charlotte?
I do know any lawn services that want to rake leaves, unless there would be an additional cost for it. These people are run and gun from one spot to another.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:22 AM

71 posts, read 109,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
Can you tell us more specifically about exactly where you're talking about?

Port Charlotte

Old 04-09-2021, 06:15 PM

4,868 posts, read 2,676,734 times
join 'nextdoor'...local people helping out other local people..

Old 04-09-2021, 07:10 PM

207 posts, read 422,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
I second that. Typically more people than on here and they're going to be more localized to your area. Between recommendations for actual companies and people looking to do the work to make some extra cash (for example, kids on school breaks or after school looking to make some spending money) you should be able to find someone more easily.

Old 04-12-2021, 01:48 PM

73 posts, read 119,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
I'm a bit leary when I'm asked for my actual physical address before I can even take a look at what is offered.

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/nextdoor.com

Old 04-12-2021, 02:41 PM

207 posts, read 422,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylimeSteve View Post
I'm a bit leary when I'm asked for my actual physical address before I can even take a look at what is offered.
?? Being offered? Nextdoor is a social networking site for neighbors. It eliminates anonymous posters like you'd see on here, FB, Twitter, etc. as you have to use your real name and your address is required as you can only sign up for an account based on your address and be shown local postings based on such. Think of it as a neighborhood FB page but with less opportunity for scam posters due to having to post your name. You do not have to broadcast your actual address on the site after you register, there are settings to just show street name and it will assign you to a sub-community of sorts with those in a few block radius of you. People post what's going on, ask questions, seek recommendations, complain/vent about stuff, etc. When you post, you choose what immediate areas around you can see your post so it's a far more focused board than here where anyone can comment.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:25 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,629,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SellingNWCape View Post
?? Being offered? Nextdoor is a social networking site for neighbors. It eliminates anonymous posters like you'd see on here, FB, Twitter, etc. as you have to use your real name and your address is required as you can only sign up for an account based on your address and be shown local postings based on such. Think of it as a neighborhood FB page but with less opportunity for scam posters due to having to post your name. You do not have to broadcast your actual address on the site after you register, there are settings to just show street name and it will assign you to a sub-community of sorts with those in a few block radius of you. People post what's going on, ask questions, seek recommendations, complain/vent about stuff, etc. When you post, you choose what immediate areas around you can see your post so it's a far more focused board than here where anyone can comment.
Yep, we live in a community with 1500 people, 1000 are on nextdoor. We found just about all the help we needed to upgrade our home on Nextdoor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: