U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 08:56 AM

41 posts, read 295,855 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We're considering a move to Punta Gorda, but don't know much about it. Both my husband and I myself are in our late 20's, self employeed, and are looking for a safe area that is not infested with bugs. We have sno-bird family that goes down there, but would really like an unbiased opinion of the area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2006, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 5,356 times
Default moving to punta gorda

i have been living just north of pg for several years , feel free to contact me with a phone # and i will call at your convience to see what i can assist you with.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:22 AM

77 posts, read 289,700 times
Isn't a good part of the area for mobile homes ?

Old 05-11-2006, 09:03 AM

Default Mobile Homes?

Hi,
We were considering a mobile down there and are going to take a look later this week. Are the hurricanes/winds too bad for a mobile down there? Also, how is the bug situation?

Old 05-11-2006, 11:14 AM

598 posts, read 2,139,208 times
Uhhh, have you searched google for punta gorda huricanes yet?? lol Don't move into a mobile...

oh, and the bugs are everywhere... that's just part of tropical living

Old 05-11-2006, 06:58 PM

Default Thanks for the all of the info...

Hi,
Thanks for all of the info! We lived in Orlando years ago, two seperate times. It wasn't the best experience, but I'll spare you the details!! We're mainly interested in Florida do to the lower cost of housing, but with the hurricane risks in Punta Gorda, it scares me a bit. Plus, if the house came down, the insurance companies don't pay out enough to rebuild. I looked up those pictures and that definately gave me something to chew on!! Bugs are the main qualm...we don't like the idea of using chemicals (in the yard or on us) so that's another hurdle. Ahhh, decisions, decisions! Thanks again to everyone. If you have any additional info, it's always appreciated.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:48 PM

77 posts, read 289,700 times
I see mobile home parks are slowly getting bought out by big developers..
Fla. is trying to phase them out as well. Not enough tax revenues for land only !!!
I would NEVER stay in a mobile if a 'cane was a coming !!
They cost less & there's a reason they do..

Bugs: just get a bug co. to come & treat your area & that's it.
Yes chemicals, but no bugs.

Old 05-13-2006, 01:23 PM

3 posts, read 13,714 times
The whole area is bug infested,especially in the summer months. Also, forget a mobile home, after what happened during Hurricane Charley. Most are just for retired people anyway.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Decided against mobile!

Thanks so much for all of the advice! We've decided against a mobile home and have decided to pursue a CBS homes instead. I have another bug question for all of you:

In Orlando the bugs came INSIDE of our home. We're extremely clean people, but they still came in. What's the situation with Punta Gorda? Are they just in the yard, or do they infest the house? Thanks again!!

Old 12-02-2006, 09:09 AM

489 posts, read 1,926,485 times
I never even saw a bug inside when I lived in St. Petersburg, but after moving down to Ft. Myers, it is a constant bug battle!!! One quickly finds out that being immaculately clean has nothing to do with bugs. And we have the scariest spiders here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte