Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2024, 03:06 PM

14,933 posts, read 12,130,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
No prices on the menus.

Interesting, they had prices listed for the menu at Maury's ( "high end" steak restaurant) when the resort first opened, but it looks as though they've now taken those prices off the menus in all their restaurants. Based on the prices I saw originally on the Maury's menu, I guess it's a case of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it". We've had several friends and some acquaintances that have gone to some of those restaurants ( in particular the Half Cracked place) and they have all commented ( separately) that the food they got was ok, but certainly not worth the prices they paid for it. I can't speak from personal experience, as we have no plans to patronize the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2024, 12:02 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,396,448 times
"ALL PARTIES OF EIGHT OR MORE GUESTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO AN AUTOMATIC 20% SERVICE CHARGE." at Half-Cracked.

Old 03-10-2024, 01:20 PM

1,151 posts, read 615,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
What's the big mistake?
I think it will be a mistake to build that “resort” in that location. There is nothing to do there and I don’t think that will work long term. I am not sure people will pay $300+ a night to eat Sunday breakfast in the food court.

I will say that it is showing much better now. Landscaping is very nice and the interior is much more finished and polished now. Still eating pricy pancakes on paper and cardboard is not how I want to spend my Sunday morning.

He flamingo cupcakes are only $7.50 now. I had a friends say she ate that the food court and it was pricy but good for Italian fare.

I am not sure why, but they have upped their game when it comes to security, they have lots of clearly visible security people all over the place now.

Last edited by stank1964; 03-10-2024 at 01:30 PM..

Old 03-10-2024, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
"ALL PARTIES OF EIGHT OR MORE GUESTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO AN AUTOMATIC 20% SERVICE CHARGE." at Half-Cracked.
That's pretty much standard at a lot of restaurants these days.

Old 03-16-2024, 07:07 AM

1,066 posts, read 764,982 times
I've been told it's plastic only, no cash is accepted. And then one has to pay the card surcharge on top of the bill. We haven't gone over there yet. Not sure when. I hope they can make a go of it, time will tell I guess.

Old 03-16-2024, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
I've been told it's plastic only, no cash is accepted. And then one has to pay the card surcharge on top of the bill. We haven't gone over there yet. Not sure when. I hope they can make a go of it, time will tell I guess.
I've heard that as well. Though with the prices they charge, I'd doubt too many people weigh themselves down with that much cash.

Old 03-19-2024, 08:34 AM

If you don’t have cash, they give you a cash funded card you use on property.

Old 03-20-2024, 05:19 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,621,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
I've been over there 5 or 6 times, no surcharge on credit card and we tip with cash. I'm not a fan of the parking as you have to pay thru your cell phone on an app. Went last week to Half Cracked with wife and kids on a friday night, no wait for a table. After dinner we hit the rooftop bar. The initial allure to the property has worn off, been there and done that. Hopefully they survive.

Old 03-22-2024, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I've been over there 5 or 6 times, no surcharge on credit card and we tip with cash. I'm not a fan of the parking as you have to pay thru your cell phone on an app. Went last week to Half Cracked with wife and kids on a friday night, no wait for a table. After dinner we hit the rooftop bar. The initial allure to the property has worn off, been there and done that. Hopefully they survive.
Can you give us an idea of how busy you have found the place generally? To me, it appears to be a ghost town, but I have not been there in the best of weather. Most of my visits were in the morning, dreary days, like most days have been since November.

Old 03-22-2024, 07:27 PM

25,704 posts, read 12,779,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
FULL STOP! So glad you wrote that...I'll never go there. I'm militant about not paying for parking, and having to do it on an app is like kryptonite to me...or boiled corned beef 'n cabbage...gagging sounds. Ask my parents how forcing me to eat corned beef went for them when I was 5.

I have a friend with a boat, so maybe I go by water with him...otherwise...hard pass.

I used to spend ~$10k/yr at St Armands circle in SRQ, until they started charging for parking, now I spend < $200/yr..

I used to spend $10k/yr at Pass-A-Grille beach in St. Pete, until the parking meters went in...now ZERO.

I'm sure none of these places miss me, or my cash, & I won't let their door hit me in the azz.

They do them, and I do me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte