Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 03:51 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,146,653 times

Advertisements

for some reason i can no longer access the MLS, it keeps saying I need a password ? I have never had this in the past 2 years. has the MLS been restricted to realtors ? Seems a bit strange
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 04:01 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
The Charlotte Area MLS is no longer. The Realtors' association does not subscribe to them anymore. As of June 13th we are now with a new company called Mid Florida MLS. You can now access all of central and SW Florida in one database but, to my knowledge, there is no public access like before. You would have to find a Realtors' website to go through. Many of the Realtors websites don't have access because they haven't set up the new feed yet, I have access through my website.

This is the main page for the Mid Florida MLS-the new service.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:08 AM

Here's what Mid-Florida has up on their message board:

Monday 05 May 2008
Beginning May 6, the Punta Gorda – Port Charlotte – North Port Association of REALTORS® will begin contributing to our MLS. They are the third of five Southwest Florida REALTOR® Associations to integrate their MLS with MFRMLS. The Venice Area Board of REALTORS® integrated in March, The Englewood Area Board of REALTORS® came onboard in April, and in the coming months, you can look forward to seeing listings from the Manatee Association of REALTORS® and the Sarasota Association of REALTORS®.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:52 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,146,653 times
thanks, thats a shame as the Charlotte MLs was a very useful tool for checking out what is available. We have been watching a couple of homes in Rotonda to see how the prices are going as we may buy instead of rent whilst our actual home is being built.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
thanks, thats a shame as the Charlotte MLs was a very useful tool for checking out what is available. We have been watching a couple of homes in Rotonda to see how the prices are going as we may buy instead of rent whilst our actual home is being built.
I agree with you. I don't know why they are limiting access to the public. All of the homes are listed by Realtors, so it's no threat. I think I'll email tech support and tell them we are getting complaints. I'm sure if they wanted they could make a page that would let the public access the MLS.

At the very least it should come up with a page explaining what is going on. I'm sure there are many people that are as confused as you.

For now you'll just have to go though a Realtors website that has the feed. That's the only solution I can think of.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:23 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,653,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
The Charlotte Area MLS is no longer. The Realtors' association does not subscribe to them anymore. As of June 13th we are now with a new company called Mid Florida MLS. You can now access all of central and SW Florida in one database but, to my knowledge, there is no public access like before. You would have to find a Realtors' website to go through.
Gee now that's a brilliant idea. Another reason for people to dislike realtors. If they can't get us to voluntarily use their websites, we'll now be forced to do so.

Gonna alienate people for sure.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:39 AM

960 posts, read 1,686,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
Gee now that's a brilliant idea. Another reason for people to dislike realtors. If they can't get us to voluntarily use their websites, we'll now be forced to do so.

Great point!

About a month ago I checked the Venice Area MLS, which had over 1200 listings. A couple of days later the original website was passworded and there was a new Venice Area MLS "public" site and . The new "public" site had only 800 listings.

Something smells very fishy.

Makes me wonder if we should not contact our elected officials to find out if this transition toward privatizing MLS listing websites is really ethical and above board.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I agree with all of you. I think there should be some sort of public access, so you don't have to go through a Realtors website.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:22 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,653,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I agree with all of you. I think there should be some sort of public access, so you don't have to go through a Realtors website.

I don't mean you Shannon. You're one of the 10 percenters.

P.S. I have to spread some around before giving it to you again

Heheheh

Old 06-15-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I don't mean you Shannon. You're one of the 10 percenters.

P.S. I have to spread some around before giving it to you again

Heheheh

OK, I didn't think you were picking on me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte