U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 07:47 PM

363 posts, read 1,311,042 times

Advertisements

I drove to Edison College in Punta Gorda for about 6 months taking some classes. I had morning classes and had to be there by 8am. It took 25 minutes from 776, and going the back way (Flamingo to Edgewater) then over the bridge through to Airport Road. Now this was in 2006-2007, so maybe there is more traffic, but it is NOT 40 minutes! It takes me 15 minutes to get from Rotonda to the mall in Port Charlotte at 776/41. No I do not speed!

If you want to be in Punta Gorda, then I would check out the properties there. There are some great canal access homes in Englewood if you are looking for quick access to the Gulf.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-12-2009, 10:27 PM

7,511 posts, read 21,971,496 times
I've found Mapquest to be pretty accurate and they clock it at 37 minutes. I'm sure it depends on exactly where in each city you are heading. The majority of the driving time is on Tamiami Tr/US 41 so it would also depend on time of day and if it was season or not.
Driving Directions from Punta Gorda, FL to Rotonda, FL

Old 01-13-2009, 12:25 AM

6,103 posts, read 14,455,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I've found Mapquest to be pretty accurate and they clock it at 37 minutes. I'm sure it depends on exactly where in each city you are heading. The majority of the driving time is on Tamiami Tr/US 41 so it would also depend on time of day and if it was season or not.
Driving Directions from Punta Gorda, FL to Rotonda, FL
I don't think the driving time is all that long, and to me it was pretty pleasant by comparison to driving the Baltimore and D.C. beltway - that's for sure. I'm not trying to spit hairs, but remembering, not clocking the last time I drove it, I'd round it off and say about 40 minutes is what it took me. But, since it was so nice, it seemed like 27 minutes.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:03 AM

3,642 posts, read 6,768,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2peaches2oranges View Post
I drove to Edison College in Punta Gorda for about 6 months taking some classes. I had morning classes and had to be there by 8am. It took 25 minutes from 776, and going the back way (Flamingo to Edgewater) then over the bridge through to Airport Road. Now this was in 2006-2007, so maybe there is more traffic, but it is NOT 40 minutes! It takes me 15 minutes to get from Rotonda to the mall in Port Charlotte at 776/41. No I do not speed!

If you want to be in Punta Gorda, then I would check out the properties there. There are some great canal access homes in Englewood if you are looking for quick access to the Gulf.

24 mils in 25 minutes = 60mph AVERAGE

2 peaches is a speeder !!!!!!!!!!! call the cops

Old 01-13-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post

Haha-that's funny! Detective Pete. Hey, when's the big party at your new home? Can't wait for the big drink off between you and BigHouse

Old 01-13-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Haha-that's funny! Detective Pete. Hey, when's the big party at your new home? Can't wait for the big drink off between you and BigHouse
That is funny! SoFLGal is nominated to be the bar tender, of course she'll have to set the pace too. I'll have the bar stocked at my house, so I won't have to drive for 40 MINUTES! lol

Old 01-13-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
That is funny! SoFLGal is nominated to be the bar tender, of course she'll have to set the pace too. I'll have the bar stocked at my house, so I won't have to drive for 40 MINUTES! lol
There you go, City-Data party at the Big House in PGI!! I was trying to think of the next venue for big City-Data bash I'm a lightweight for sure compared to you two

Old 01-13-2009, 01:32 PM

3,642 posts, read 6,768,767 times
drink off??????????? jeepers BH has a bigger gas tank than me. I suspect he could out beer me anytime. HOWEVER wine wise i might stand my ground a bit better.

be patient -as they saying goes if you build it they will come...................

Old 01-13-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
drink off??????????? jeepers BH has a bigger gas tank than me. I suspect he could out beer me anytime. HOWEVER wine wise i might stand my ground a bit better.

be patient -as they saying goes if you build it they will come...................
Whine it is! I think you've already whined enough about any advantage I may have. You started this thing. LOL But even so, I'll buy and set 'em up! We can then entertain the ladies with our special skill-set, and Mel can drive you home, and tell me about your pain in the morning! LOL

Hurry over! I'm parched! But if you come when there's a game on, it has to be cold beer! You just can't drink wine and watch football - they just don't go together. And if, you're from Pittsburgh - they cry in their beer when they play us, and it ruins it, so they should drink wine instead! LOL

Old 01-13-2009, 06:35 PM

363 posts, read 1,311,042 times
Quote:

Shh, all the local deputies need to raise money = high speeding tickets!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte