Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 01:01 PM

267 posts, read 806,393 times

Advertisements

Hey all. Been living in Port Charlotte now since November. Was hoping someone could pass on any info on a good friday night fish fry. Also, I've been looking for a good italian full size deli. Are there any around? Used to love Paesano's in Cape Coral, but a one hour drive for some tasty anti-pasta is a bit much

Thanks for any advice you might have!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 02:01 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,914,037 times
Joseph's Deli
3231 Tamiami Trl
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
(941) 629-0822
By A Yahoo! Contributor, 01/30/09
I love this place! They have daily specials, which are all delicious.
The prices are very reasonable, the staff is super friendly and the food is great!
-------------------------------------------------------------
B & G Meats
(941) 255-1819
3805 Tamiami Trl
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
best butcher
By Diane W. | Insider Expert
If you are looking for a butcher, go see Sammy at B & G. He's got all types of meat and steaks and sausages, prepared dishes, deli meat and cheese and a good selection of italian groceries. You walk in and he treats you like you've known each other for years. He only carries Bore's Head deli meats and makes a mean sub! Get there early, he's only open until 4pm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Romano's Italian Bakery Deli
3596 Tamiami Trail, # T
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
(941) 624-6499
The best decision I ever made!. --Prepare your taste buds for some of the most delicious pasties since you left the North. You will have dreams of one of the most delightful experiences you have had in a long time!

Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,287 times
Friday night fish fry?????? Are you from Wisconsin or somethin'??????

Old 03-20-2009, 08:14 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,980,333 times
I second Romano's. Not as good as the Italian delis here in Connecticut, but the best in Port Charlotte.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:01 PM

Great, thanks. I stopped at 4 "deli's" last week, and they were nothing more than sub shops.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:12 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,653,959 times
Romano's eh? We're here since 2003 and never tried it. Will do so this week.

Pic N Run on Peachland has a deli and it's Italian.

Any Italian deli's in Englewood?

Old 03-22-2009, 05:09 PM

338 posts, read 1,011,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellobiafra View Post
Hey all. Been living in Port Charlotte now since November. Was hoping someone could pass on any info on a good friday night fish fry. Also, I've been looking for a good italian full size deli. Are there any around? Used to love Paesano's in Cape Coral, but a one hour drive for some tasty anti-pasta is a bit much

Thanks for any advice you might have!
Definetly go to Romanos in PC (Sunny Dell Plaza) Bakery,deli and the best pizza in Fl. I'm a Jersey girl (and Italian) so I know pizza!Plus in this economy Sal can use the business

Old 03-22-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debvic View Post
Definetly go to Romanos in PC (Sunny Dell Plaza) Bakery,deli and the best pizza in Fl. I'm a Jersey girl (and Italian) so I know pizza!Plus in this economy Sal can use the business
I'm from NJ too and I'll bet they don't make pizza anything like Jersey ( ultra thin with the oil dripping down your hand as your eating .......because you HAVE to fold it )

Oh my, to have a real jersey pizza right about now.........

But I'll go there this week and give it a shot. I rarely buy what they call pizza here. Generally I have it fedexed and I freeze a few of them.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:47 PM

Debvic, if only we had a real Italian deli here. However I must say that despite it not being of very high quality, it is nice to at least get fresh mozzarella at publix ( it's a better quality at Pic N Run . Still not like Kenilworth NJ or Mott St in the City but hey )

We debone Purdue Thighs, use my homeade tomato sauce, and use fresh mozzarella to make some of the best Chicken Parm you've ever had

By the way, I get my pizza fedexed from Rocco's in Brooklyn. It's not NJ pizza but it's as close as we can get. It's thin , has a good sauce although it needs a little more than what they generally put on it, and has a good quality cheese.

It costs about $75 bucks to get 4 12 inch pizza's fedexed down. May seem a little high but considering the garbage we have to pay $12 and $15 each for around here, for only a few bucks more believe me when I tell you this is as close as it gets to the real deal. Now if you tell me that you're from Jersey, are Italian and that this place on Tamiami Trail is ok and oh yes I did make note that you said best in FLORIDA, I'll give it a shot this week. I'm only allowed to have pizza a twice a month so I'm real stubborn on quality ( gee can you tell with me fedexing pizza's down? )

Now I've been told that there's a bunch of places in Camden NJ that are supposed to be the best of the best. They don't call them pizza pies there. They call them Tomato Pies and just thinking about it makes my mouth water. I called them a couple weeks ago and they too were willing to fedex them down.

I'll be in the City again in July for a convention and I'll be at Vincents at Mott and Hester street for the HOT shrimp marinara.

See what you've done? Got me started on this now? Yikes! I'll give you a positive mark as soon as I shut up here.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:18 PM

I don't know much about NJ pizza, but as for NY style pizza, I've only found 2 or 3 places in sw florida that deserve my hard earned money, and that's after living here for 30 years. Top of the list is Papa Joes in Cape Coral, on Cape Coral Parkway. By far the best pizza around, and absolutely the closest thing to NY. Everything else is far behind, but when in Venice, I enjoy a place, I think it's called, Sal and Tony's? Definitely a distant second to Papa Joes, but light years ahead of your typical pizza delivery place. I'll never understand the people I've met who claim that Dominoes is the best pizza around. Ack!

As for Deli's, you can tell a real Italian deli as you get out of your car, because you can smell it. Walking into the place has you immediately checking how much money you have, because you know you are going to spending it. I had a chance to be in the Cape last week so my son could have his cast removed, and stopped at Paesano's. I can't go in that place without dropping a couple bills. If you have the chance, you need to go...

http://www.paesanositalianmarket.com/

Anyway, I'll be checking out Romano's this week. But they have big shoes to fill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte